This Limited edition (limited time offering) version of the AK120 player has the same specifications as the current AK120, but features a scratch-resistant, 5-layer hardened anodized coating that gives the AK120 Titan the look of silver/titanium. The new AK120 Titan doubles the amount of internal memory of the AK120, providing 128GB of internal memory with the option to add up to two 64GB microSD cards – raising storage to 256GB.
The absolutely amazing Astell and Kern AK120 is an upgraded version of the already critically acclaimed AK100. Offering twin Wolfson DACs in dual mono configuration and supporting high resolution music files on the go the AK120 is the perfect portable companion for your beloved headphones. The AK120 has a memory capacity of up to 192GB with the addition of extra bottom loading microSD cards as apposed to just 96GB of storage capacity of the AK100. With an unprecedented 1.5V output the AK120 is capable of driving the most taxing of headphones and offers the musicality and sonic prescence that you come to expect from a high end HiFi system at home. Made from brushed aluminium and weighing just 143g the Astell and Kern AK120 is simply exquisite.
What makes the AK120 different?
The AK120 has a higher specification than the AK100 thanks to it being driven by two Wolfson WM8740 digital-to-analogue converters to allow each channel to be driven separately. This "dual mono" design is normally seen in high end HiFi DACs. In addition, the AK120 features double the internal flash memory of the AK100 at 64GB with additional support through the SD slots for 2 x 64GB cards to make a total of 192GB storage capacity. Unlike the AK100 the AK120 supports gapless playback helping you to enjoy albums such as Pink Floyds - Dark Side Of The Moon without interruption.
Size doesn't matter!
The AK120 follows the the sleek, brushed aluminium design of the AK100 but is slightly bigger. The AK120 is a very capable player in terms of powering hard to drive headphones and can cope with Sennheiser HD800's, Beyerdynamic T1 and Grado PS1000 with relative ease. Paired with a pair of Sennheiser IE800's or other in ears and the sonics are stunning and every subtle nuance can be heard through the layers of music entering your ears. With a 1.5V output from the 3.5mm jack socket it is hardly supprising that it can cope with a wide range of headphones. The Colorfly C4 offers 630mV through the 3.5mm socket to add some perspective.
Unlike the Colorfly C4 the AK120 offers a 2.4 inch IPS touchscreen to control the player and search your albums via Artist, Album, Track etc. There are subtle extrusions on the chassis offering a few controls such as volume and powering on and off alongside the track skip, play, pause functions. Also included is a luxurious handmade Italian leather case to keep your AK120 protected when you are out and about.
- High-End, Dual-Mono portable system equipped with dual DACs independently dedicated to separate left/right audio channels
- SACD (Super Audio CD) & DSD format playback support (due soon)
- Use the AK120 as a dedicated S/PDIF or USB DAC
- Up to 256GB memory storage capacity (128 Internal Flash, 64GB support in each dual MicroSD card slot)
- Gapless playback is supported
- Supported audio formats: AAC, ALAC, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE: FLAC, WAV
- Display: 2.4inch/6.1cm QVGA (320 x 240) IPS Touchscreen
- Decoding: Able to 24-bit/192kHz bit to bit decoding
- Charging port: Micro USB Type-B
- Connections: USB 2.0, Optical In-/Output, 3.5mm stereo headphone output, USB D/A converter
- Wireless: Bluetooth 3.0 Audio Performance
- Battery Uptime: Mac. 16 hours(based on MUSIC : FLAC, 16bit, 44KHz Vol. 37, EQ Off, LCD Off)
- Charging time: ca. 5 hours Memory
- Internal memory External: 128GB [NAND]: 2x 64Gb MicroSD
- Operating system Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Sample rate: 8kHz ~ 192kHz (8/16/24bits per sample)
- Frequency response: 10Hz to 20KHz +/-0.02dB (24bit 48Khz)
- Signal to noise ratio: 113dB (1KHz 0dB, 24bit 48Khz)
- Crosstalk: < -128dB (1KHz 0dB, 24bit 48Khz
- THD + N: < 0.003% (24bit 48Khz)
- SAMPTE IMD : < 0.0009% (1KHz 0dB, 24bit 48Khz)
- Maximum output voltage: 1.5V RMS
- Output impedance: 3 Ohm
- D/A converter: *2x* Wolfson WM 8740 24Bit DAC
- Battery Type: 2,350mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer
- Dimensions: 59.2 x 89,0 x 14.4mm [B x L x H)
- Weight: 143 g
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|