A&ultima SP2000 is the third player released in the Astell&Kern A&ultima flagship range, featuring newly-developed audio circuitry and internal amplifier design.
SP2000 is the first Astell&Kern player to use separate, independent audio channels between the unbalanced and balanced outputs. This design offers much more power than ever before, with 6 Vrms for balanced output and 3 Vrms for unbalanced output. With this design, the SP2000 offers the best portable audio experience to date, as Astell&Kern's top flagship player.
SP2000 uses the most advanced Asahi Kasei DAC chips - AK4499EQ - in a dual format. This superb DAC chip uses the most advanced Current Output Architecture technology, and in order to take full advantage, Astell&Kern redesigned their op-amp and analog amp block configuration completely. This new circuit design optimizes the current consumption and brings out the most from these new chips. The combination of SP2000 and AK4499EQ provides mind-blowing audio quality.
In addition, SP2000 is the first Astell&Kern model to support 32 bit/768 kHz and DSD512 (22.4MHz) playback natively without compression or loss. Plus, with streaming music services becoming more popular, stronger and more reliable network reception becomes even more important for your audio experience. The SP2000 supports Dual-Band Wi-Fi with an improved 3D antenna design. With a stronger Wi-Fi signal and faster speeds, music streaming from the most popular services is better than ever.
An over-the-air firmware update on 16/03/21 also adds Roon-Ready Certification to SP2000. The player can now be used as a Roon Endpoint, giving you all the many advantages and fantastic content available to Roon members.
Furthermore, as CD-ripping and offline storage of streaming content gets more popular, SP2000 offers twice the amount of internal storage compared to the SP1000 model. 512 GB internal storage can hold up to 700+ CDs or 8000+ tracks of FLAC files (assuming 60MB/track).
- Stainless Steel / Copper body material for the best-sounding acoustics.
- Dual DAC - 2x AKM AK4499EQ
- Native playback of 32-bit / 768 kHz PCM and DSD512 without compression or loss.
- Dual Band Wi-Fi (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- Twice the amount of internal storage of previous A&K flagship models.
- Improved audio output power.
- Greater acoustic details.
- Body Color: Onyx Black / Stainless Steel / Copper
- Body Material: Onyx Black & Stainless Steel = Stainless Steel / Copper = Copper
- Display: 5-inch (720 x 1,280) Touch display
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- MQA playback: Services (Tidal Masters), Local files, External USB, MQA-CD (ripped)
- Sample rate: PCM 8 kHz ~ 768 kHz (8/16/24/32 bits per-sample) / DSD Native: DSD64 (1 bit 2.8 MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1 bit 5.6 MHz), Stereo / DSD256 (1 bit 11.2 MHz), Stereo / DSD512 (1 bit 22.4 MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalanced 3.0 Vrms / Balanced 6.0 Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Octa-Core
- DAC: AKM AK4499EQ x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32 bit / 768 kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input: USB 3.0 Type-C input (for PC + MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5 mm) / Optical Out (3.5 mm) / Balanced Out (2.5 mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 / 5 GHz)
- Dimensions: 76.3 x 132 x 15.7 mm
- Weight: Onyx Black & Stainless Steel = 410.8 g / Copper = 432.4 g
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Frequency Response: ±0.015 dB (Condition: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.010 dB (Condition: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz) Balanced ±0.050 dB (Condition: 20 Hz ~ 70 kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.030 dB (Condition: 20 Hz ~ 70 kHz) Balanced
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 124 dB @ 1 kHz, Unbalanced / 125 dB @ 1 kHz, Balanced
- Crosstalk: -138 dB @ 1 kHz, Unbalanced / -144 dB @ 1 kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0005% @ 1 kHz, Unbalanced / 0.0004% @ 1 kHz, Balanced
- IMD SMPTE: 0.0003% 800 Hz 10 kHz (4:1) Unbalanced & Balanced
- Output Impedance: Unbalanced Out 3.5 mm (1.5 ohm) / Balanced out 2.5 mm (1 ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 25 ps typical
- Reference Clock Jitter: 200 Femto Seconds
- Capacity: 3,700mAh 3.8V Li-Polymer Battery
- Continuous Playback Time: Up to 8 hours (Standard - MUSIC: FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalance, Volume 80, EQ OFF, LCD OFF)
- Charge Time: About 2.5 hours (Standard - 9V/1.67A Fast charging), about 5 hours (Standard - 5V/2A General charging)
- Built-in Memory: 512GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max. 1TB) x1
- Supported OS: Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards