Element Micro USB is a Type-A to Micro-B audio interconnect, ideally suited to high-performance portable DACs such as the Chord Mojo series, and specifically developed to meet the requirements of USB as an audio interface on portable devices.
Whilst digital data may be nothing more than a sequence of ones & zeros, and all a digital cable has to do is transfer said data from one device to another, this is actually an overly-simplistic view when considering audio devices.
A computer will typically continue sending data packets to a USB device until all the data is successfully received. If an error is encountered, the packet is sent again - as often as necessary - regardless of how long it takes until all the data has been received. Whilst this all happens in a matter of microseconds, in the context of high-fidelity audio, these timing issues are significant - you can hear the difference.
As with any cable intended for high resolution low-level signals, the same is true of the materials and construction methods employed right down to the fit & finish of the connectors. Element Micro USB is very well-reviewed, and an excellent choice for simple and effective improvement of your digital streaming / audio system.
Element Micro USB is available as a Type A - Micro B in the following lengths:
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- USB Type A Connector - Precision moulded, 360° screened USB Type A connector with superior transmission & reception properties, maintaining the termination characteristic impedance.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric - The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- Multi-Core Construction - Optimised conductors (one for signal path, the other for power) enclosed within a non-conducting screen. The configuration minimises noise and interference.
- Construction: Multi-Core 4 Conductor
- Material: Silver Plated (1.25%) OFC (Data), Tinned OFC (Power)
- Dielectric: PEF (Data), SR PVC (Power)
- Screen: OFC, 85%
- Shielding: Triple 100% Mylar™ (Data)
- Outside Diameter: 5.5mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- MicroUSB Cables
- USB Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.