Hyper dd Integra S/PDIF is a 75Ω digital cable designed to perfectly complement the Atlas Hyper Integra and Hyper dd Ultra RCA interconnects.
Engineered to be the superior option for connecting hi-res streamers, CD transports and DACs. Hyper Integra S/PDIF is designed to match the consumer digital audio specification by maintaining a true 75-Ohm impedance to ensure error-free transmission of digital data signals.
Many cables actually fail to meet the 75-Ohm standard due to flaws in the way the cable itself is manufactured and assembled. The Atlas cold-weld solder-free connectors avoid these continuity breaks and compression of the shielding screen which can cause impedance problems and lead to compromised jitter performance.
The Hyper dd Integra RCA is a premier digital cable option for connecting your digital audio components.
Atlas Dual-Drain (dd) System
Normally screened cables suffer from screen distortion when they are prepared for production. (If you've ever wired a plug or connector which uses a screened cable, you've done this yourself, cutting back and probably twisting the screening braid for termination). This distortion of the screen has a measurable impact, effectively changing the impedance and therefore the performance of the cable.
The "dd" configuration is based on a simplified version of the techniques developed for the Atlas top-of-the-range Mavros and Asimi interconnects. Twin symmetrical drain wires (each attached to 180° segments of the plug) are inserted between a 100% copper/Mylar™ foil and screen.
The unique dd system connects the screen effectively to the cable return/plug interface, meaning the cable can be terminated without distorting, twisting or mechanically stressing the precision-laid screen. The benefits are in maintaining a consistent low impedance load to the plug, and a total 360° screening against noise and signal loss caused by RFI (Radio Frequency Interference).
The Hyper range also includes DIN & XLR termination options, analogue interconnects plus single and bi-wire speaker cables.
Hyper dd S/PDIF Integra is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- Integra RCA Connector - The Integra is a low-mass, non-compression, constant impedance, self-cleaning, solder-free construction RCA plug.
- OCC Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture..
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric - The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- Coaxial Construction - Central conductor (signal path) surrounded by dielectric material encased within a circular conducting screen which acts as the signal return path.
- Construction: Co-ax
- Material: Silver Plated OFC
- Dielectric: PEF (Foamed Polyethylene)
- Screen: (dual drain) 128 strands OFC
- Capacitance: 54.35 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.230 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.065 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.81
- Outside Diameter: 8.5mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.