Lagoon ANC Explorer from Beyerdynamic are Bluetooth headphones with ANC and sound personalisation, combining sound perfection and technical intelligence.
Lagoon ANC opens up a new world where perfect sound and technical intelligence meet. Simply sit back and enjoy soothing silence or immerse yourself in music, films or audio books. What makes the Beyerdynamic version unique is that whether ANC is activated or not it still sounds excellent.
With the Beyerdynamic MIY app, users can personalise the sound of their headphones using innovative MOSAYC sound personalisation based on research by Mimi Hearing Technologies.
Sound is exactly adapted to the personal hearing profile of the user. At the same time, the app provides information about the listening habits of the user, so that the hearing can be preserved. The app is available for Apple iOS and Android and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The Bluetooth wireless functionality of Lagoon ANC Explorer can be used with all Bluetooth-enabled devices such as smartphones, tablets or computers. A range of up to 10 meters allows sufficient freedom of movement.
The following codecs are used for Bluetooth® transmission: Qualcomm® aptXTM Low Latency (for sound transmission with minimum delay), aptXTM and AAC. If no Bluetooth® device is available or the recharge- able battery is empty, the headphones can also be used with the supplied mini jack cable (3.5 mm).
The closed-back design prevents music from penetrating to the outside and ambient noise from penetrating to the inside. Due to the digital Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) with hybrid technology, disturbing noise can easily be suppressed via two adjustable intensity levels – perfect when travelling by train or plane.
Active Noise Cancelling works particularly well at low frequencies, which are typically encountered in trains or aircrafts.
ANC Explorer has an innovative Light Guide System in the housing shells, indicating the operating status of various systems. For conversations the housing shell has an integrated microphone. Qualcomm cVcTM is used for superior intelligibility of speech in head- set operation.
Media playback and phone calls are controlled via a touchpad on the right-hand side. Voice prompts in German or English, e.g. for battery status, also contribute to a user-friendly operation. A USB-C port is used to charge the integrated battery.
For easy transport, you can rotate the ear cups and fold them together. This way they can be stowed away in the convenient hard case, leaving your Lagoon ANC well protected as a compact companion.
The comfortable design makes it the perfect companion. The circumaural cushioning made of high-quality memory foam and artificial leather is soft to the touch and follows the anatomy of the ear, making it extremely comfortable to wear. This creates a very effective over-ear seal and reduces ambient noise even without ANC. The high-quality spring steel headband sits comfortably on top of your head. Not too tight, but secure.
When the headphones are not in use, they can be stored in the supplied high-quality hard case.
- MOSAYC sound personalisation (via MIY app)
- Best sound in its class
- Outstanding wearing comfort due to soft ear pads
- Digital Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) in two stages
- Operation via touchpad
- Beyerdynamic Light Guide System to display various operating states
- Bluetooth® 4.2 with the latest audio codecs (Qualcomm® aptXTM Low Latency, aptXTM, AAC)
- Qualcomm® cVcTM technology for best intelligibility of speech
- Range up to 10m
- Runtime Bluetooth® up to 45 hours (without ANC)
- USB-C charging socket
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Closed
- Frequency Response: 10Hz - 30KHz
- Speaker Diameter: 40mm
- Nominal Impedance: 20 Ohms
- Nominal SPL: 91dB(1mW / 500Hz)
- Nominal Power: 40mW
- THD: < 0.2%
- Sound Coupling: Circumaural
- Nominal Headband Pressure: approx 5.4 N
- Cable Length: 1.2m
- Connector: Mini-jack 3.5mm, 3-pole
- Weight (Without Cable): 283g
- ANC: digital, hybrid (feedback and feed-forward), adjustable in two stages
- Bluetooth: version 4.2, power class 1, compatible with playback devices from Bluetooth® version 4.0
- Supported Profiles: AVRCP 1.6, A2DP 1.3, HSP 1.2, HFP 1.7, GAP 1.3, SDP 2.1, SPP 1.2
- Supported Codecs: aptX Low LatencyTM aptXTM, AAC, SBC, mSBC
- Frequency Range: 2.402 – 2.480 GHz
- Transmission Power: 10 dBm
- Qualcomm: Yes
- Range: Up to 10m
- Pairing: Bluetooth, NFC
- Battery Type: Lithium polymer
- Charging Time: Approx. 3 hrs.
- Runtime Bluetooth: Up to 45 hrs. (without ANC) up to 24.5 hrs. (with ANC)
- Audio cable, mini-jack 3.5mm
- Charging cable USB-A to USB-C
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Foldable Headphones
- HiFi Headphones
- Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Over Ear Headphones
- Wireless Headphones
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards