Pre Box RS Digital
The excellent flagship Pre Box RS Digital combines all of the the features seen in the DAC Box RS with a selectable solid-state or tube output stage. It also features selectable DACs for the best audio reproduction possible. The Pre Box RS Digital features XLR output connections for connecting directly to power amplifiers with balanced inputs.
As in all of Pro-Ject’s top-class digital products, they use PCM1792 DAC chips from Texas Instruments, but a new feature in the Pre Box RS Digital is its dual chip mode to achieve ultimate fidelity. As a selectable feature a second DAC chip from Texas Instruments is on board, that can handle up to 32bit/384kHz.
Included on the Pre Box Digital RS is a headphone output with selectable impedances for perfect matching with your headphones.
The Pre Box Digital RS offers 3-dimensional sound-staging, perfect micro dynamics and ultimate resolution combined with flexibility to use a wide range of digital and 1 analogue sound sources.
Combined with the Pro-Ject CD Box RS the Pre Box RS Digital will give outstanding sound experience, because of a I²S connection provided via RJ45 that offers jitter-free disc playback.
- Switchable DAC chips: 2x PCM1792 or PCM5102
- 9 digital inputs: i²S, AES/EBU, Toslink, S/PDIF coax
- Analogue: Pre-out XLR/RCA/headphone, RCA input
- Headphone amp with adaptable output impedance
- Fully balanced double mono design
- Output stage switchable between 6922 tube & solid state
- Ultra-linear and ultra low noise
- Pure Class A circuitry
- Blue Alps volume control
- Standby-power consumption < 1W
- IR remote control included
- Available in black and silver
|DAC:||DAC 1 - 2 x PCM 1792 24/192|
DAC 2 - PCM5102 32/384
|Digital Outputs:||1 x USB 2.0 Audio 32/384 + DoP-DSD 64/128 |
1 x RJ45 Sonic I2S for CD Box RS in Sonic Mode
2 x S/PDIF 24/192
4 x S/PDIF Optical 24/96
1x AES/EBU balanced 24/192
|Line Level Input:||1 RCA/Phono Sockets|
|Frequency Response:||20Hz - 50kHz (0dB/0.1dB)|
|Signal To Noise:||-100dB (IEC-A)|
|THD:||Solid State: 0.005% |
|Analogue Outputs:||Pre-out (XLR & RCA)|
Headphone (6.35mm Jack)
|Input Impedance:||33kohms (Ω)|
|Headphone Impedance:||5 / 20 / 50 Ohms Switchable|
|Outboard PSU:||20V / 3A DC|
|Power Consumption:||Solid: 300mA |
|Dimensions (W x H x D):||206 x 72 x 210mm (Incl. Sockets)|
|Weight:||1950g (Without PSU)|
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.