MrSpeakers VOCE Electrostatic Headphones
When MrSpeakers discontinued their Alpha and Mad Dog headphones, They promised to deliver a variety of headphones to meet many needs and budgets. Their first efforts, ETHER and ETHER Flow headphones collectively won more than 20 awards for performance and design.
Their second in-house designed headphone, AEON open packs all the technology of ETHER Flow headphones into a compact, comfortable and cost-effective design, delivering the best of ETHER Flow sound quality at a dramatically more affordable price point.
VOCE is a headphone which has been designed to deliver uncompromising electrostatic resolution and clarity with bass output that extends deep into the subsonic. The MrSpeakers Voce is very light and comfortable, with an extremely large soundstage and a neutral voicing VOCE is our most accurate headphone.
VOCE is designed and built in San Diego, CA and comes with the following innovative features:
- Super-large 88mm diaphragm for extended low frequency output
- 2.4 micron driver, optimized for stability and resolution
- Fully dust-shielded driver
- Ultra-thin metal stators for superior sound
- MrSpeakers signature NiTinol memory metal headband for exceptional comfort, light weight and durability
- Detachable custom fabricated silver-plated copper cable that is non-microphonic, round and super-supple, yet low capacitance
- Proprietary machined Teflon amplifier plug with machined aluminum housing, gold plated solid copper pins and a machined aluminum headphone connector
- 580V Pro-bias compatible for use with any Stax-pro compatible amplifiers
- Italian Napa leather ear pads
- Vat-dyed US made leather headband
In the spirit of avoiding waste and making packaging functional, our attractive shipping box is actually a hardwood headphone stand and case which serves as a stylish and functional way to store a VOCE (or any) headphone.
Box features include:
- Real walnut hardwood
- Hinged clear acrylic front doors with magnetic fasteners
- A built-in integrated headphone stand
- A convenient front-slot for the cable so the headphones may be left plugged-in while stored
First, if you are new to electrostatic headphones it's essential to understand that they require dedicated electrostatic energizers or amplifiers. Energizers are typically more cost effective, while dedicated amplifiers deliver a higher level of performance.
Energizers are available from Trilogy Audio (UK), iFi, and Stax.
Second, it is not uncommon for electrostatic headphones to make a "ripping" or "zipping" sound when the diaphragm contacts the stator (this is sometimes called a "stat fart," or something similar). This typically occurs when putting the headphone on, or taking it off, or if you press on the headphone cup while listening. This is considered normal behavior and is not indicative of a problem with the headphone, unless the diaphragm doesn't release (which causes audible distortion).
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Electrostatic Headphones
- HiFi Headphones
- Over Ear Headphones
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.