QED Reference Optical Quartz Digital Audio Cable
Reference Optical Quartz featuring "GlassCoreTM" technology is the first of its kind, consisting of 210 separate boro-silicate glass fibres giving it a bandwidth of over 12MHz. This vastly exceeds the demands for high definition multi-channel digital audio. In contrast to conventional Optical cables, this bandwidth is completely unaffected by bending the cable. Reference Optical Quartz gives over double the bandwidth of single acrylic glass fibres and 1/10th of the attenuation.
Light rays in a typical 1mm single core fibre can reflect, taking many paths to reach the far end causing jitter and the input signal to be distorted by timing differences between the the different paths.
A QED Reference Optical Quartz cable contains fibres that are so small, the different paths taken by the light rays are similar in length, reducing the timing error and introducing less distortion. This has the effect of increasing bandwidth and the accuracy of the data transmission.
- Unique boro-silicate glass construction- "GlassCoreTM" Technology
- Highly flexible 210 x 50 micron separate optical fibre bundle
- >12MHz Bandwidth - over twice the bandwidth of conventional acylic glass fibres
- Ultra Low Jitter Design
- Stepped Refractive Index
- Ultra Low loss <0.18dB/m
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Digital Optical Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.