The SRS-3100 Plus Electrostatic Earspeaker System by STAX Audio consists of the SR-L300 Earspeakers (headphones), the SRM-252S Energiser (headphone amplifier), plus the iFi Audio iPower X Ultra-Low Noise-Cancelling Power Supply.
The SR-L300 earspeaker employs new hand selected thin film diaphragm and tough stainless fixed electrodes. Rich deep bass response, delicate high frequency and soothing mid-range has been achieved in a balanced manner.
The SRM-252S is an exclusive driver unit (amplifier) for driving STAX ear speakers with PRO-bias 5 pins. Its line input can directly connect to the audio output terminal of CD player, portable audio player and PC. The SRM-252S has a simple design that excels in sound quality employing the carefully selected newest high-voltage transistors and low-noise FETs. The output stage featuring the emitter-follower configuration reinforces the driving performance and also realized the smooth sound quality. Moreover, the class-A amplification throughout the stages with no coupling capacitors reproduces exhaustively the finest nuance of music. Although the SRM-252S includes a class-A DC amplifier in a compact CD jacket size case, the internal heat is effectively dissipated through the chassis of aluminum extrusion material to improve the reliability over a long period of time. Also, the parallel output terminal was added to distribute the source signal so that a loud speaker may also be simultaneously used when source equipment has only a pair of output terminals.
The new iPowerX from iFi Audio uses the latest solid organic capacitors for better suppression of high-frequency noise. And the leakage capacitance is some 20x lower than your normal SMPS. In a nutshell, there is no escape for unwanted noise. iPower X will give you 20% more power than the original iFi iPower and increased amperage, too.
- SR-L300 Earspeakers
- Type : Push-Pull electrostatic oval sound element, Open-Air type enclosure
- Frequency Response : 7 - 41,000Hz
- Capacitance : 110pF (including cable)
- Sensitivity : 101dB / 100V r.m.s. 1 kHz
- Bias Voltage : 580V DC
- Left & Right Channel Identification : 'L' and 'R' indicated on the arc assembly, solid line (left) and dotted line (right) on cable
- Ear Pads : High-quality synthetic leather
- Cable : OFC parallel 6-strand, low-capacity wide cable, 2.5m full length
- Weight : 11.4oz without cable / 15.8oz with cable
- SRM-252S Energiser / Driver
- Type : All-stage semiconductors, Low-noise dual FET input Class A operation, Pure balance DC amplifier configuration Earspeaker driver unit
- Frequency Response : DC to 35,000Hz with SR-207 (with SR-207)
- igh Harmonic Distortion : Max 0.01% (1kHz at 100V r.m.s. )
- Gain : 58dB (x800)
- Input Terminal : 1 RCA with 1 RCA parallel out
- Rated Input Level : 125mV / 100V Outputs
- Max. Input Level : 30V (at minimum volume level)
- Input Impedance : 50KΩ(RCA)
- Max. Output Voltage : 280V r.m.s. (1kHz)
- Standard Bias Voltage : PRO 580V x 1
- Power Voltage Frequency : 117V (50Hz / 60Hz)
- Power Consumption : 4W DC12V
- Temperature & Humidity : 0 to 35ºC / 90% max. without condensation
- Dimensions : 5.2 (W) x 1.5 (H) x 5.2 (D) in
- Weight : 1.2lbs
- Color : Silver
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Electrostatic Headphones
- HiFi Headphones
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards