3T – a revolution in the audio(cable) industry.
All galvanic conductors that are being used in the audio industry today, are made from soft metals. The advantage is that there are a lot of free electrons available. This is beneficial for the conductivity of the cable. A large amount of free electrons automatically means a low conductor resistance. Traditionally the so called “experts” love to see this.
The disadvantage of this choice is that the conductors can be reshaped rather easily; they don’t posses a stable internal structure. These metals are also very sensible for thermical, chemical and mechanical ageing. For this reason, the sound will change dramatically over a relative short period of time. Result is you’ll have to buy a new pair, the history repeats itself, etc. etc.. Not really a plan to get ahead of the game.
To have a longer lasting reply on the above problem, we were the first company that started producing a completely metal-free conductor series applying our Linear Structured Carbon® (The FIRST®, SECOND® and THIRD®).
Another ten years of research, starting with our Fusion Technology, has finally resulted in a new revolution in the conductor world: 3T (True Transmission Technology).
The idea behind the 3T concept is that you use as much electrons as possible to bind the metal atoms together. The disadvantage of a slightly higher impedance is more than compensated with the rigid structure of the conducting material. The only way to do this was to, again, disregard the general views and to go in a completely new direction.
The base (and eventually the outcome) of this research are:
1. No mechanical or chemical ageing anymore.
2. No metal layers in the conductor to prevent any kind of chemical activity between them.
3. Big mechanical flexibility combined with an extremely small bending radius.
4. Big mechanical pull-strength,. At least 150 Kg/mm2.
5. An amorphous structure to have no crystalline boundaries in the conductive material..
6. Completely stable at higher temperatures ( up to 250 degrees Celsius).
7. A really stable structure turned out to be only possible in a mix of various metals in an exact ratio. In the end it turned out five metals and one non-metal were needed.
8. Extremely long lifespan without any change in sound characteristics.
9. A very short burn-in time. After approximately two hours you can expect good results. After only 48 hours the cables have reach their optimum.
10. A very high resolution during replay
11. Because of this high resolution great audible acoustics.
12. No dynamic limitation what so ever.
13. Especially the spectre between 40 Hz – 200 Hz and 2 KHz. – 15 KHz. Needs to remain perceptable. A lot of conductors experience serious problems in these areas.
14. Last but not least: applicable in industrial situations.
This whole list of properties is packed together in our unique 3T conductors.
All knowledge on how to build a cable is applied to make a series of five balanced interconnects (The VALLEY, The ROCK, The HILL, The CLIFF and The MOUNTAIN. Early 2011 we expect to bring another series of four coaxial interconnects.
The 3T speaker cables will have to come later as there are still some matters to be solved, amongst others the higher impedance is a problem here.
Combined with our new jacket printing technique, distinguishing this product from any copy-cat versions makes that we have again done the unthinkable and made what is probably one of the very best interconnects available in the world today.
The ROCK Hybrid is probably the best value for money interconnect we have in the program.The specific 3T (True Transmission Technology) qualities are present.The conductors are a combination of a solid .40 mm conductor with 11 thinner strands around it. This construction minimizes inductance to the lowest possible value.Our L.S.C. hybrid layer further perfects the cable. Shielding is done by two dense braids.
quadruple core / star quad (Balanced)
3T + HYBRID: Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer(s) + 1 ground wire of silver plated copper (CS-18)
Balanced and unbalanced audio interconnect
Eff. Conductor Ø/Eq. AWG No./Strands:
3T Cores: 0.7 mm / Cores: ~AWG 19 / Strands: 1 x 0,4mm + 11 x 0,15mm CS-18/ground wire: 0.56 mm² / AWG 19.6 / 7
External Diameter /
Connector Types Suitable:
Our special Rhodium RCA type C - 11,3 or Neutrik XLR; Custom mountable on ordered lengths.
Standard Sales Units / -Lengths:
Stereo pair with XLR (balanced) or RCA (unbalanced) connectors in 0.8, 1.0, 1.2 and 1.5 m. lengths. Other lengths: please consult your van den Hul dealer or the van den Hul distributor in your country.
Jacket Colours Available:
Connectors need to be factory mounted.
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.