“The Lower Friction” (TLF) is a broad spectrum applicable super oil, especially intended to reduce bearing friction by forming an extremely stable lubrication layer between mechanical parts. Our TLF oil types are particularly suitable for close fitting - tight clearance bearings. The oils offer a superior combination of high performance properties, like for instance a very high resistance against breaking or penetration of the oil film: they can handle a pressure of around 180 - 200 kg/cm² at around 350 degrees Celsius (662 °F) without breaking away. The oils have a viscosity of just one third to one quarter of that of water: they easily spread and build a steady nano-thin layer on each surface. They don’t contain Teflon, graphite or any other particles, don’t oxidize and don’t age. The normal operating temperature ranges up to 175 degrees Celsius (347 °F).
Serving even the most demanding high load and high speed applications, our special TLF oils greatly reduce friction and mechanical noise, substantially extending the life of moving parts and with it reducing service requirement and costs. The oils are supplied in a 25 cc bottle with brush.
TLF Oil type I is most suited as a general purpose low friction lubricant.
TLF Oil type II optimally performs in the more heavy load bearing applications.
- Turntables: With TLF type II, turntable bearing noise is dramatically reduced and with TLF type I, tone arms float instead of hang in their bearings.
Please note: Pertaining to turntable platter spindle bearings, our special TLF II oil is especially suitable for tight clearance types. To maintain optimal lubrication and mechanical noise reduction with (platter spindle) bearings which have higher clearance (up to around 40 μm) however, our heavier type Turntable Spindle Oil is advised.
- Automotive (TLF II): A.J. van den Hul has already tested this oil for more than one year in both front wheels’ bearings of his 1750 kg heavy car. Result: less bearing noise and after a firm push the wheels just rotate without stopping...
- CD and DVD players (TLF I): Provides excellent lubrication of the spindle and the laser along its support arm. (Less mechanical noise also means less digital jitter...).
- Others (TLF I): Computer fans run for ever, as also will your air-conditioner’s fan and other ventilators. Even your Philishave runs faster and there are many more applications...
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.