Released May 2020, the A&norma SR25 from Astell&Kern is the new hi-fi standard for a portable music player.
SR25 is the second model in the Astell&Kern A&norma standard line. Beginning with the AK70, the Astellamp;Kern goal was to bring high resolution audio and the unique A&K sound to more music lovers. This goal continued with the successor to the AK70, the SR15, and now evolves further into the SR25. This is a premium product that fully embraces the Astell&Kern philosophy and technology, now available at a lower entry-level price point.
The new design incorporates drastic changes without losing the balance between an optimal user experience, looks, and keeping the A&norma design identity. The harmonious combination of these various design aspects symbolize the rhythmic feel and freedom of music.
The player features layers of various sized rectangular surfaces with added angles to invoke the sense of pulsating musical rhythm from its design. Precisely milled cuts resemble various reflections of light and create a depth of space around the volume wheel that further emphasises the bold light reflections that are created at different angles of view on the entire player.
On the back, the bold oblique cut surface of the rear glass meets the triangular shapes that surround the volume wheel. The patterns of the rear glass beautifully express the spreading of light when it is reflected off the surface. The rhythmic pattern on the rear glass will change as light is reflected at different angles.
Iideal for one-handed operation, SR15 is a perfect fit no matter which hand you choose to hold it in. The angle of the front screen and extra space around it gives you the perfect grip when it's held.
- CS43198 Dual-DAC
- 32bit 384kHz bit-to-bit play
- Native DSD
- Quad-Core CPU
- 21 hours playback
- Metal Body (Aluminimum)
SR25 Improvements Over SR15
- New, faster Quad-Core CPU paired with the Dual Cirrus Logic CS43198 Master Hi-Fi level DAC, a combination first used on the A&K SR15
- Native playback support for DSD256
- New class-leading performance mode for ultra-high quality playback, without compromise
- Newly-designed circuitry to improve sound quality enhancements
- Addition of Bluetooth LDAC codec to give users more options for higher quality wireless sound
- Model: SR25
- Body Colour: Moon Silver
- Body Material: Aluminium
- Display: 3.6inch WVGA (720 x 1280) TFT LCD
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- MQA Playback: Services (Iidal Masters), Local Files, External USB, MQA-CD (Ripped)
- Sample Rate: PCM: 8kHz-384kHz (8/16/24/32 bits per-sample) / DSD Native: DSD64 (1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1bit 5.6MHZ) Stereo / DSD256 (1but 11.2Mhz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalanced 2.0Vrms / Balanced 4.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS43198 x2 (Dual DAC)
- CPU: Quad-Core
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input: USB Type-C (for PC / MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4Ghz)
- Bluetooth: V4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX™ HD, LDAC)
- Dimensions: 63.5mm (W) x 108.3mm (H) x 16.1mm (D)
- Weight: 178g
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Frequency Response: ±0.014dB (20Hz-20kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.011dB (20Hz-20kHz) Balanced / ±0.010dB (20Hz-70kHz) Unbalanced / ±0.012dB (20Hz-70kHz) Balanced
- Signal-To-Noise: 122dB @ 1kHz Unbalanced / 123dB @ 1kHz Balanced
- Crosstalk: -138dB @ 1kHz Unbalanced / -144dB @ 1kHz Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0007% @ 1kHz Unbalanced / 0.0008% @ 1kHz Balanced
- Output Impedance: Unbalanced Out 3.5mm (1.8 Ohm) / Balanced Out 2.5mm (1.6 Ohm)
- Clock Jitter: 25ps (Typ)
- Reference Clock Jitter: 200 Femtoseconds
- Battery Capacity: 3150mAh, 3.7V Li-Polymer
- Continuous Playback Time: Around 21 Hours (Music, FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Vol50, EQ/LCD Off)
- Charge Time: About 2.5hrs (Standard 5V/2A charging)
- Built-In Memory: 64GB (NAND)
- External Memory: MicroSD (Max 1TB) x1
- OS: Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit) / Mac OS X 10.7+
Included In Box
- SR25 Device x1
- USB Type-C Cable x1
- Quick Start Guide x1
- Warranty Card x1
- MicroSD card slot cover x2
- Protective Film (Front x2, Back x2)
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- UK shipping from: £1.99
- EU shipping from: £4.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards