Introducing the HC2 Dual DAC Cable, by Astell&Kern.
HC2 is an uncompromising, ultra-compact way of transforming the audio of your iOS and Android smartphone and tablet and Windows or Apple laptop computer. Following on from the HC1 (PEE51), this portable DAC arrives with a 4.4 mm balanced headphone connection so audiophiles and music fans can seamlessly drive their high-resolution headphones of choice and experience original studio-quality sounds, whether on-the-move or listening from a desktop.
Despite measuring just 17mm x 50mm x 10mm, the AK HC2 USB-C Dual DAC is packed with cutting-edge features, carefully designed to deliver high-quality, low-noise sonics via its 4.4 mm balanced headphone output. Ultra-fine audio technology means Astell&Kern has been able to incorporate circuitry, components and power management in a supremely portable device without concession.
At the heart of the AK HC2 Dual DAC Cable are two Cirrus Logic CS43198 MasterHiFi DACs - high-performance DACs that feature in Astell&Kern’s award-winning A&norma range of digital audio players, and support hi-res playback up to native 32 bit / 384 kHz and DSD256.
Most USB DAC products have the DAC positioned in the USB terminal connected directly to the device to process and output audio. However, with the AK HC2, digital signals from the device pass through the dual-shielded cable to the audio circuit before being converted to an analogue signal by the DAC. By processing the digital signal at a later stage, the sound performance is superior and noise-free sound compared to other USB DAC products.
The dual DACs are paired with a high-performance analogue amplifier, powerful enough to drive even high-impedance headphones without difficulty - and the 4.4 mm balanced output means lower noise, higher output and clearer channel-separation every time.
A dual-shielded cable is designed to minimize noise interference and deliver a transparent sound as possible. The copper core wire is coated with tin to prevent corrosion and strengthen tensile force for enhanced durability, while the woven cable is wrapped in an aluminium film to help block unwanted noise.
- Supports 4.4 mm balanced output for improved channel separation and reduced noise.
- Powerful 4 Vrms output to drive a wide variety of headphones.
- Equipped with a CS43198 Dual DAC to deliver a hi-fi grade sound.
- Dual Shielded Cable minimises distortion and signal noise.
- Compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- Optional Android app to enable detailed volume control.
- Model: AK HC2
- Body Material: Aluminium
- Body Colour: Dark Silver
- DAC: CS43198 Dual
- Sample Rate: (PCM) Support up to 32 bit / 384 kHz, (DSD Native) DSD64 (1 bit 2.8 MHz), Stereo, DSD128 (1 bit 5.6 MHz), Stereo, DSD256 (1 bit 11.2 MHz), Stereo
- Input: USB Type-C Input (for Windows 10,11, Android, iOS smartphone + Tablet PC, macOS)
- Output: 4.4 mm balanced out
- Dimensions: (USB Plug) 12 x 21 x 6.5 mm, (4.4 mm Headphone) 22.8 x 60 x 12.1 mm
- Weight: About 29 g
- Frequency Response: ±0.011 dB (20 Hz - 20 kHz) Balanced, ±0.145 dB (20 Hz - 70 kHz) Balanced
- SNR: 122 dB @ 1 kHz, Balanced
- THD+N: 0.0004 % @ 1 kHz, Balanced
- IME SMPTE: 0.0003 %, 800 Hz 10 kHz (4:1), Balanced
- Output Impedance: 4.4 mm (1.5 ohm)
- Output Power or Voltage: 4 V RMS (condition No Load)
- 1x AK HC2 Dual DAC cable.
- 1x Lightning adapter.
- 1x Quick start guide.
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards