Ever since their first product, Astell&Kern have always aimed to deliver uncompromising sound to music lovers.
The new-for-2020 SA700 Portable Digital Audio Player (DAP) is the answer to the question: "What if Astell&Kern combined their first starting point and present technology?"
A&K wanted to combine their original analog sensibilities with their cutting-edge sound technology that has evolved over the years since their first product was released. The result is "Past Meets Present" - SA700 is a product where past emotions and current technology meet. An evolution of technology and design that delivers the ultimate sound.
Starting from the original AK120 design, A&K have redesigned their player into a simple yet refined form, using the latest technology. The deeper and stronger sound of the SA700 delivers new experiences and values not yet found in other products.
SA700 is the first Digital Audio Player to feature a dual-DAC configuration using twin AKM AK4492ECB's, giving a new sound signature via a DAC that aims to achieve the best performance in the industry. It has lower power consumption and similar audio performance compared to AK4497EQ, making it the best DAC for a portable DAP.
Stainless steel construction underlies all finishes, corrosion-resistant and durable, for maximum material strength and beauty.
Offering the optimal condition to deliver perfect original sound, SA700 is capable of bit-to-bit playback up to 32bit 384kHz and native DSD playback up to 11.2MHz, delivering detailed, distortion-free sound just as the artist intended.
The LEDs around the volume wheel are not just visual effects, but provide the listener information including volume and status of the currently playing song. Different colours are displayed depending on the bit-depth of the song being played, and 150 levels of red saturation are displayed to reflect the current player volume.
- Emotional Retro Design
- Intuitive LED Indicator
- New Special GUI
- Stainless Steel Body for Premium Sound
- Ideal Size for Portability
- Dual DAC of AK4492ECB from AKM
- 32bit / 384kHz, Native DSD256 support
- Model: SA700
- Body Color: Onyx Black / Stainless Steel
- Body Material: Stainless Steel
- Display: 4.1inch (720 x 1280) Touch display
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, FLAC, WMA, MP3, OGG, APE, AAC, ALAC, AIFF, DFF, DSF, MQA
- MQA playback: Services(Tidal Masters), Local files, External USB, MQA-CD(ripped)
- Sample rate: PCM : 8kHz ~ 384kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native: DSD64(1bit 2.8MHz), Stereo / DSD128(1bit 5.6MHz), Stereo / DSD256(1bit 11.2MHz), Stereo
- Output Level: Unbalanced 2.0Vrms / Balanced 4.0Vrms (Condition No Load)
- CPU: Quad-Core
- DAC: AKM AK4492ECB x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32bit / 384kHz Bit-to-Bit Playback
- Input: USB Type-C input (for PC & MAC)
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5mm) / Balanced Out (2.5mm, only 4-pole supported)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth: V4.2 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptXTM HD)
- Dimensions: 2.32 ”(59.1 mm) [W] x 4.56 ”(115.9 mm) [H] x 0.64 ”(16.5 mm) [D]
- Weight: 10.68 oz (303 g)
- Feature Enhancements: Firmware upgrades supported (OTA)
- Capacity: 3,150mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer Battery
- Continuous Playback Time: Up to 8.5 hours (Standard - MUSIC: FLAC, 16-bit/44.1kHz, Unbalanced, Volume 80, EQ OFF, LCD OFF)
- Charge Time: About 4.5 hours (Standard - 5V/2A Charging)
- Built-in Memory: 128GB [NAND]
- External Memory: microSD (Max. 1TB) x1
- Supported OS: Windows 7,8,10 (32/64bit), MAC OS X 10.7 and up
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards