Ailsa Acromatic is a high resolution RCA interconnect cable using much of the design thinking developed for the highly acclaimed Mavros & Asimi ranges, by Atlas Cables.
The Ailsa Achromatic RCA, the first release in a new Atlas product family, is a wide-bandwidth interconnect designed to maximise the performance of high-performance audio systems.
The result of a new ground-up approach to co-axial design, Atlas consider it successfully addresses the shortcomings of typical co-ax cables which many audiophiles consider precludes the use of such a topology in high-end systems. The Ailsa combines unusually high-quality materials – ultra high-purity OCC conductor, Copper Mylar foil shield and microporous PTFE dielectric –with our next-generation high precision Achromatic RCA connector.
The result is a beautifully balanced open, accurate, natural sound which Altas say defines a new performance standard at its price point, and represents an ideal upgrade path for owners of their Element or Equator cables.
Ailsa Acromatic RCA is available as a Stereo RCA Pair in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- Acromatic RCA Connector - The Achromatic RCA is a low-mass, non-compression, constant impedance, self-cleaning, solder-free construction plug..
- OCC Copper Conductor - The Ohno Continuous Casting process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PTFE Dielectric - Microporous PTFE (Teflon™) is a unique, low density dielectric material, phase stable at room temperature, which offers significant performance improvements over solid PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric designs.
- Co-Ax Construction - A central conductor (signal path) surrounded by dielectric material encased within a circular conducting screen which acts as the signal return path. Combined with the Atlas dd (dual drain) system which avoids distortion of the screening braid during assembly, which can change the RF impedance of the cable and therefore its performance.
- Construction: Co-ax dd
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE
- Screen: Braid + Mylar, 100%
- Capacitance: 54.50 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.462 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0388 Ohms/m
- Outside Diameter: 9.0mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Stereo RCA
- Interconnect Cables
- RCA Cables
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards