Ailsa Ultra RCA Grun is a high resolution RCA interconnect cable using much of the technology developed for the highly acclaimed Mavros & Asimi ranges, all by Atlas Cables.
Designed to maximise the performance of high-performance audio systems, and based on the very well-reviewed Ailsa Achromatic RCA, the Ultra Grun version seeks to maximise the performance potential inherent in the Ailsa topology. Cable configuration is the new balanced core geometry, connectors are upgraded to custom-designed low-mass Ultra RCA plugs, and incorporates the Atlas precision dd (dual-drain) system and Grun Coherent Earthing System connector (basic adapter included).
Ailsa’'s balanced core geometry results from a new ground-up approach to multicore cable design, by delivering a balanced flow in both the signal and return conductors. Ailsa combines unusually high-quality materials with high-precision Ultra RCA connectors and Grun compatibility.
The dual-drain configuration is based upon techniques originally developed for top-of-the-range Mavros and Asimi interconnects. Twin symmetrical drain wires connect the screen to the cable return/plug interface, allowing cable termination without distorting, twisting or mechanically stressing the precision-laid screen. Typically, screened cables suffer from screen distortion when prepared for production. Cutting and twisting the screening braid has a measurable impact, effectively changing the impedance and, therefore, the cable's performance.
The benefits are maintaining a constant low impedance load to the plug and total 360-degree screening against noise and signal degradation caused by RFI (Radio Frequency Interference). The result is a beautifully balanced, open, accurate, natural sound which we think, like the Ailsa Achromatic RCA, defines a new performance standard at its price point. Ailsa Ultra RCA Grun represents an ideal upgrade path for owners of our other coaxial interconnects.
Ailsa Ultra RCA is available as a Stereo RCA Pair in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- UIltra RCA Connector - The Ultra is a wide-band, OCC copper, constant impedance, self-cleaning, solder-free construction RCA plug.
- OCC Copper Conductor - The Ohno Continuous Casting process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- Microporous PTFE (Teflon) Dielectric - a unique, low density dielectric material, phase stable at room temperature, which offers significant performance improvements over solid PTFE dielectric designs.
- 4-Core + Screen Construction - Individually matched conductors (one pair for signal path, the other pair acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a protective woven screen. Combined with the dd (dual drain) system which avoids distortion of the screening braid during assembly, which can change the RF impedance of the cable and adversely affect performance.
- Construction: Multi-Core
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE
- Screen: Braid + Mylar, 100%
- Capacitance: 133.9 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.332 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0238 Ohms/m
- Outside Diameter: 10.0 mm
Delivery and Returns
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Stereo RCA
- Interconnect Cables
- RCA / Phono Cables
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £ 1.95
- EU shipping from: £ 5.99
- International shipping from: £ 5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards