Arran OCC XLR by Atlas Cables is a high-resolution OCC copper interconnect cable building on ideas initially developed for the acclaimed Mavros and Asimi ranges.
A technically and sonically superior wide-bandwidth interconnect designed to maximise the performance of the very finest audio systems which offer the increasingly popular option of XLR connection. Arran OCC XLR incorporates the precision dd (dual-drain) system.
The Arran OCC XLR features the highest quality ‘6N’ (99.99997% purity) elongated crystal copper manufactured using the OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) process. The cable utilises a pair of conductors, each made up of six solid OCC strands surrounding a seventh central wire, tension wrapped in a multi-layer microporous Teflon dielectric. A sophisticated ‘dd’ (dual-drain) screen configuration with a copper shielding braid ensures minimal RF interference and noise susceptibility.
Termination is with cold-weld aluminium alloy dark Chrome XLR connectors, here with silver-plated OCC copper pins. In a cold-weld (solder-free) connection, the metal of the connector plug and the wire are squeezed together under a calibrated pressure to form a robust, consistent, air-tight metal to metal contact with no deformation of the cable dielectric. The result is a smooth, uninterrupted signal path which behaves as one continuous entity.
Standard or Luxe finish options are available.
Luxe Finish Options
Atlas Cables offer a range of special Luxe finish options for this audiophile XLR cable. Four standard leather colours plus optional finishes available in contrasting or self-colour stitching options. Bespoke colour matching options (RAL or Pantone) are also available.
Please contact Audio Sanctuary to discuss your requirements if you would like to pursue the Luxe options.
Arran OCC XLR is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- OCC XLR Connector - Atlas XLR combines a lightweight aluminium alloy body with precision-fit OFC/OCC connectors and solder-free construction.
- OCC Conductor - Ohno Continuous Casting (OCC) process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PTFE Dielectric - PTFE (Teflon™) is usually applied at higher temperatures and in combination with OFC conductors. OCC materials don’t like high temperatures (soldering, applying the dielectric etc) so application of a low temperature PTFE or FEP work best with OCC conductors. This is especially critical at smaller conductor sizes.
- 4-Core + Screen (Dual-Drain) Construction - Individually matched conductors (one pair for signal path, the other pair acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a protective woven screen. Combined with the dd (dual drain) system which avoids distortion of the screening braid during assembly, which can change the RF impedance of the cable and adversely affect performance.
- Construction: Multi-Core
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE
- Screen: Braid + Mylar, 100%
- Capacitance: 133.98 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.332 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0197 Ohms/m
- Outside Diameter: 9.8 mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Stereo XLR
- Interconnect Cables
- XLR Cables
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards