Arran Ultra L RCA Grun by Atlas Cables is a state-of-the-art OCC copper interconnect cable featuring an innovative ultra-low-mass Ultra-L RCA connector.
Elevating Atlas's previous top-of-the-range Mavros OCC copper interconnect to another level, Arran was created as a true no compromise design to complement the performance of high-end audio systems. Arran employs a unique 3D-printed liner within the Ultra L plug, reducing mass and the influence of the connector itself to extremely low levels.
The Arran Ultra L RCA Grun uses the highest quality 6N (99.99997% purity) elongated crystal copper manufactured using the OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) process, ensuring the signal follows a faster, cleaner and more direct path.
The cable utilises a pair of conductors, each made up of six solid OCC strands surrounding a seventh central wire, tension wrapped in a microporous PTFE dielectric. An advanced continuous screen with a copper shielding braid ensures minimal RF interference and noise susceptibility.
In dual-drain (dd) configuration, twin symmetrical drain wires connect the screen to the cable return/plug interface, allowing cable termination without distorting, twisting or mechanically stressing the precision-laid screen. Typically, screened cables suffer from screen distortion when prepared for production. Cutting and twisting the screening braid has a measurable impact, effectively changing the impedance and, therefore, the cable’s performance. Using tools we created for this specific task, our precisely calibrated build process maintains the required conductor geometry and ensures the highest level of manufacturing consistency and reliability.
Termination is with the latest generation innovative ultra-low-mass Ultra L (Latik) RCA which uses a 3D-printed liner component and cold-weld connection. In a cold-weld (solder-free) connection, the metal of the connector plug and the wire are squeezed together under a calibrated pressure to form a robust, consistent, air-tight metal to metal contact with no deformation of the cable dielectric. The result is a smooth, uninterrupted signal path which behaves as one continuous entity.
Incorporates the Grun Coherent Earthing System connector (basic adapter included).
Arran Ultra L RCA is available as a Stereo RCA Pair in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
Luxe Finish Options
Atlas Cables offer a range of special Luxe finish options for this premium RCA interconnect cable. Four standard leather colours plus optional finishes available in contrasting or self-colour stitching options. Bespoke colour matching options (RAL or Pantone) are also available.
Please contact Audio Sanctuary to discuss your requirements if you would like to pursue the Luxe options.
- Ultra L RCA Connector - The Ultra L (Latik) is a wide-band, OCC copper, constant impedance, self-cleaning, solder-free ultra-low-mass RCA plug with precision 3D-printed internal components reducing mass and the influence of the connector itself to extremely low levels.
- OCC Copper Conductor - The Ohno Continuous Casting process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PTFE Dielectric - PTFE (Teflon) is usually applied at higher temperatures and in combination with OFC conductors. OCC materials don’t like high temperatures (soldering, applying the dielectric etc) so application of a low temperature PTFE or FEP work best with OCC conductors. This is especially critical at smaller conductor sizes.
- Twin Multi-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen. Combined with the Atlas Cables dd (dual drain) system which avoids distortion of the screening braid during assembly, which can change the impedance and therefore the performance of the cable.
- Grun Coherent Earthing System - An independent system earth which eliminates low-level RFI, EMI and noise on the signal ground. Read more...
- Construction: Multi-Core
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE
- Screen: Braid + Mylar, 100%
- Capacitance: 133.98 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.352 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0197 Ohms/m
- Outside Diameter: 9.8mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Stereo RCA
- Interconnect Cables
- RCA Cables
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards