All cables lose some of the audio signal or add their own colouration. Ascent Grun is a sophisticated speaker cable offering a true taste of high-end performance for discerning audiophiles, engineered to reduce signal loss to extremely low levels. The ideal partner for full-range wide bandwidth loudspeakers.
The first speaker cable in the Atlas product hierarchy to use OCC (Ohno Continous Casting) copper connectors with a total 3.5mm diameter. The increased conductor cross-section gives superior low-frequency performance in comparison to Ascent 2.0.
These ultra high purity 5N (99.9997% purity) conductors are extremely transparent to the signal being passed, their mono-crystal structure ensuring minimum signal loss. For the dielectric, Atlas use a high-efficiency PTFE (Teflon™) which again imposes virtually no signal degradation.
In conjunction with cold-weld, wideband Transpose connectors (which give a superior connection to conventional solder or screw fixing) Ascent Grun is a cable with little discernable character which allows your system to convey a level of detail, speed and dynamics which might well surprise you.
Ascent Grun is supplied with the Atlas Transpose Modular Termination System, allowing for easy switching between connectors. Can be supplied with 4.0mm Banana Plugs, Z-Plugs or OFC Spade terminations in the following lengths:
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- 7.00 metres
- 10.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
Luxe Finish Options
Atlas Cables offer a range of special Luxe finish options for this premium loudspeaker cable. Four standard leather colours plus optional finishes available in contrasting or self-colour stitching options. Bespoke colour matching options (RAL or Pantone) are also available.
Please contact Audio Sanctuary to discuss your requirements if you would like to pursue the Luxe options.
- Transpose Connectors - The Transpose is a modular, cold-weld, air-tight, solder-free speaker plug. Interchangeable connector options are spade, Z-plug and expanding plug. Please specify preferred connector options when ordering,
- OCC Copper Conductor - OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PTFE Dielectric - PTFE (Teflon™) is usually applied at higher temperatures and in combination with OFC conductors. OCC materials don’t like high temperatures (soldering, applying the dielectric etc) so application of a low temperature PTFE (Teflon™) or FEP work best with OCC conductors. This is especially critical at smaller conductor sizes.
- Multi-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Grun Coherent Earthing System - An independent system earth which eliminates low-level RFI, EMI and noise on the signal ground. Read more...
- Construction: Multi-Core
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: PTFE (Teflon™)
- Screen: Braid & Mylar™
- Capacitance: 100.68 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.539 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0097 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.76
- Outside Diameter: 9.8mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Speaker Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.