Ascent Ultra S/PDIF by Atlas Cables is a superb true 75-Ohm digital interconnect cable is a superb cable designed to be technically and sonically superior to competing digital cables currently available at similar prices.
Designed to maintain a true 75 Ohm impedance, the central conductor is made from OCC copper, with insulation via an extremely low-loss PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) dielectric. The tightly woven wire mesh together with an aluminium outer foil provides 100% rejection of RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) ensuring the music signal is free from any external noise. The cable is covered by a soft PVC sleeve and finished in a grey woven fabric.
The Ascent digital cable is terminated with Atlas cold-weld connected wideband Ultra RCA plugs. The result is a smooth, uninterrupted signal path which behaves as one continuous entity, with minimal degradation of the signal compared to soldered connections. This is particularly important in a digital cable, connectors which compress the cable can actually alter the cable’s impedance, which can drop below the 75-Ohm specification by typically up to 50%, reducing accuracy of the signal transfer.
Ascent Ultra S/PDIF is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- Ultra RCA Connector - The Ultra is a wide-band, OCC copper, constant impedance, self-cleaning, solder-free construction RCA plug.
- OCC Conductor - Ohno Continuous Casting (OCC) process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric - The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- Coaxial Construction - Central conductor (signal path) surrounded by dielectric material encased within a circular conducting screen which acts as the signal return path.
- Construction: Coaxial
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: PEF (Foamed Polyethylene)
- Screen: Braid + Al Mylar™
- Capacitance: 59.37 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.473 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.7311 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.81
- Outside Diameter: 8.5mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.