Asimi Luxe is the ultimate OCC silver speaker cable from Atlas Cables, designed to deliver astounding performance without compromise.
Asimi uses very high purity OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) silver conductors. This process is named after professor Atsumi Ohno, who discovered (in the 1970s) that by heating the drawing mould to a higher temperature than the molten copper you intend to cast, then cooling it soon after, the result is one long, high purity (99.99997%) metal crystal.
Criticism of silver cables as generally bright are in fact the result of impurities and grain in the inferior conductors used.
The Asimi high-purity monocrystal conductors are arranged in a complex multi-stranded layout. Each cable leg is composed of 3 (three) pairs of solid conductors (two pairs plus one pair), totalling 5.5mm² – an unusually high figure, given the cost of this purity of silver.
In most silver cables, the conductor size is compromised to reduce cost, but which explains why some critics suggest silver cables offer the listener very sweet highs but no weight or authority at low frequencies. That’s certainly not true of Asimi, with several reviewers commenting on the sense of physical presence conveyed.
The focus was also on the coating that insulates and protects the silver. Asimi has conductors enveloped in the Atlas microporous Teflon dielectric, a new air-spaced material which improves on the performance of the best solid Teflon or PTFE (Teflon™) insulators, by providing a 30% greater signal velocity and superior integrity, particularly in high frequency delivery.
Obsessive attention to detail, plus the combination of materials & assembly methods which was only finalised after exhaustive testing, produces a cable which HiFi World’s reviewer described as the best he’d ever heard, and HiFi Plus summarised as one of the very, very best.
The goal of Atlas is to make cables which have no discernable character or sound of their own, which would in itself be a form of distortion. Asimi is engineered to disappear in your system, conveying the performance of your equipment with total transparency. It should be noted though that Asimi requires a ‘burn-in’ period during which the sound will continue to improve.
Asimi Luxe Grun is supplied with the Atlas Transpose Modular Termination System, allowing for easy switching between connectors. Can be supplied with 4.0mm Banana Plugs, Z-Plugs or OFC Spade terminations in the following lengths:
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 2.50 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
Luxe Finish Options
Atlas Cables offer a range of special Luxe finish options for this top-of-the-range loudspeaker cable. Four standard leather colours plus optional finishes available in contrasting or self-colour stitching options. Bespoke colour matching options (RAL or Pantone) are also available.
Please contact Audio Sanctuary to discuss your requirements if you would like to pursue the Luxe options.
- Transpose Connectors - The Transpose is a modular, cold-weld, air-tight, solder-free speaker plug. Interchangeable connector options are spade, Z-plug and expanding plug. Please specify preferred connector options when ordering,
- OCC Copper Conductor - OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PTFE Dielectric - Microporous PTFE (Teflon™) is a unique, low density dielectric material, phase stable at room temperature, which offers significant performance improvements over solid PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric designs.
- Multi-Core Construction - Monocrystal conductors arranged as x3 (three) pairs of solid conductors each of different diameter.
- Grun Coherent Earthing System - An independent system earth which eliminates low-level RFI, EMI and noise on the signal ground. Read more...
- Construction: Solid multicore
- Material: OCC pure silver
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE
- Screen: Braid & Mylar™
- Capacitance: 34.06 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.529 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0046 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.79
- Outside Diameter: 17.5mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Speaker Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.