A state-of-the-art interconnect, Asimi XLR Luxe is designed to be effectively invisible in the replay chain, revealing the entire content and ambience of the recording without any sense of exaggerated detail or brightness.
Asimi XLR is engineered to maximise the performance of high-end audio systems by achieving maximum signal transfer.
The original aim of the Atlas Asimi project was to take a completely fresh look at cable design and, where necessary, to develop new techniques to create a cable which would satisfy the most critical listeners for years to come. For this latest generation version, Atlas went back to basics, re-assessing their existing design & manufacturing processes, exploring different construction methods and experimenting with new materials.
Asimi XLR features pure silver conductors, manufactured using the highest-quality Ohno Continuous Cast technique for drawing pure silver. The cable consists of a pair of conductors, each made up from six bundles of 12 multi-conductor wires, plus a thicker centre wire, all covered by a copper shielding braid.
Conventional termination methods involve this braid being partially removed and twisted, therefore reducing the mechanical integrity of the screen, resulting in compromised RF resistance. For the Asimi XLR, Atlas developed a new system using two symmetrical drain wires (each attached to 180° segments of the plug) inserted between a 100% copper/Mylar™ foil and screen. This unique system connects the screen effectively to the cable return/plug interface and provides total 360° screening, without affecting the integrity of the screen in any way.
Theoretically, the best dielectric (insulation layer) is air, but realistically a dielectric is needed to protect the conductor. Atlas developed a new technique using a microporous PTFE (Teflon™) tape, which is wound around the core conductors, then covered again and stabilised using a protective FPE (Flexible PolyEthylene) dielectric.
Atlas use cold-weld terminations wherever possible, including their current generation Dark Chrome XLR connectors. By reducing the number of materials and break points in the signal path, the objective is to minimise discontinuity and loss in the signal path, resulting in more consistent construction and improved audio performance.
The result is the best cable Atlas currently know how to make. An analogue masterpiece.
Asimi XLR Luxe is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
Luxe Finish Options
Atlas Cables offer a range of special Luxe finish options for this top-of-the-line audiophile cable. Four standard leather colours plus optional finishes available in contrasting or self-colour stitching options. Bespoke colour matching options (RAL or Pantone) are also available.
Please contact Audio Sanctuary to discuss your requirements if you would like to pursue the Luxe options.
- OCC XLR Connector - Atlas XLR combines a lightweight aluminium alloy body with precision-fit OFC/OCC connectors and solder-free construction.
- OCC Conductor - Ohno Continuous Casting (OCC) process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PTFE Dielectric - Microporous PTFE (Teflon™) is a unique, low density dielectric material, phase stable at room temperature, which offers significant performance improvements over solid PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric designs.
- Twin Multi-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen. Combined with the Atlas dd (dual drain) system (which avoids distortion of the screening braid during assembly) which can change the impedance and therefore the performance of the cable.
- Construction: Twin multi-core dual-drain (dd)
- Material: OCC Pure Silver
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE (Teflon™)
- Screen: Braid SPC + Mylar™, 100%
- Capacitance: 50.17 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.7162 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0181 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.81
- Outside Diameter: 10.0mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.