Element sc USB is the new generation of Atlas Cables acclaimed Element series. A digital interconnect specifically developed to meet the requirements of USB as a high-performance audio interface.
Featuring a solid core copper conductor, Element sc USB is designed to provide high quality performance from computer audio sources. Typically used to connect a Mac, PC or streamer to the DAC or digital input in your hi-fi system.
The latest generation of Atlas Cables hugely popular Element USB cable is the sc (solid core) varient. Through extensive testing, Atlas found that the use of solid core silver-plated copper conductors covered in low-loss foamed polyethylene delivered the most consistent performance for the data streams.
The use of solid core conductors reduces internal data reflections between each strand of each conductor, and allows for the exact measurement of each twisted pair, meaning that all data transmitted along the cable reaches the receiver at exactly the same time, reducing jitter (noise) and improving audio performance.
Combined with newly developed triple-screening, hefty power and ground conductors, plus unique Atlas-designed connector plugs, sc USB is engineered to maintain consistent cable impedance. Both technically and sonically, this USB cable achieves best-in-class performance.
Element SC USB is available with Type A - Type B connectors in the following lengths:
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- USB Type A Connector - Precision moulded, 360° screened USB Type A connector with superior transmission & reception properties, maintaining the termination characteristic impedance.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric - The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- Solid-Core Construction - Optimised conductors (one for signal path, the other for power) enclosed within a non-conducting screen. The configuration minimises noise and interference.
- Construction: Solid Core (Data), Multi-core (Power)
- Material: Silver Plated OFC (Data), OFC (Power)
- Dielectric: PEF (Data), SR PVC (Power)
- Screen: OFC, 85%
- Shielding: Triple 100% Mylar™( Data)
- Outside Diameter: 5.5mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- USB Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.