Eos 4dd Power Cable uses OFC 4mm² conductors in an aluminium foil screened configuration, plus the Atlas dd (dual drain) system with a precision-engineered mains plug.
Eos 4dd is specifically designed for high-end systems and high power devices, the optimum cable to use between wall socket and the Eos Modular power block.
With increasing use of high resolution audio and video content, all replay equipment comes under assault by extraneous high energy broad spectrum noise, both airborne and directly induced through the mains supply circuits.
Wi-fi networks, BlueTooth devices, mobile & domestic cordless phones, wallwart power adapters, low voltage light bulbs & dimmer switches are all among the worst noise-generating culprits.
Eos power cables are sophisticated products designed specifically to allow your equipment to perform properly. Built around high purity low resistance OFC (Oxygen Free Copper), with low series resistance, high-efficiency dielectrics and extensive screening, Eos 4dd cables effectively filter out harmful incoming radio frequency and power contamination, dumping these rapidly to earth.
By comparison a typical domestic power lead lacks the quality of component parts, screening layers, dual drain system and anti-vibration treatment that Atlas employ for Eos 4DD. For maximum effectiveness, Eos cables are best used as part of a complete Power Management System.
Atlas Dual-Drain (dd) System
The "dd" configuration is a simplified version of the techniques Atlas developed for their top-of-the-range Mavros and Asimi interconnects. Twin symmetrical drain wires connect the screen to the cable return/plug interface, meaning the cable can be terminated without distorting, twisting or mechanically stressing the screen. The benefits are a consistent low impedance load to the plug, and a total 360° screening against noise and signal loss caused by RFI (Radio Frequency Interference).
Eos 4DD power cable is available in the following lengths:
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
Eos 4DD power cable is available with the following termination options at the mains and equipment ends of the cable:
- Mains End
- 13A 3-Pin (UK-style, fitted as standard)
- Schuko 2-Pin (EU-style, available as special order)
- Nema 3-Pin (USA-style, available as special order)
- Equipment End
- C15 10A Connector (Standard "Kettle-type" connector)
- C19 16A Connector (High current, larger format IEC connector)
- C7 ("Figure-8" connector)
- Mains Connector - Precision-machined Atlas-designed mains connectors with silver/rhodium-plated pins for low contact resistance. Available in UK (13A), Schuko (EU) & Nema (USA) versions depending on country of original supply.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PTFE Dielectric - PTFE (Teflon™) is usually applied at higher temperatures and in combination with OFC conductors. OCC materials don’t like high temperatures (soldering, applying the dielectric etc) so application of a low temperature PTFE (Teflon™) or FEP work best with OCC conductors. This is especially critical at smaller conductor sizes.
- Triple Multi-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Construction: Triple multicore dual drain
- Material: OFC
- Dielectric: PTFE (Teflon™)
- Screen: Mylar™, 100%
- Capacitance: 95.09 Pf/m
- Inductance: 0.566 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0045 Ohm/m
- Outside Diameter: 11.2mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Power Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.