Eos DD Power Cable is a OFC conductor mains cable using a sophisticated, fully screened configuration, for the first time implementing the Atlas Dual Drain screening concept in an entry-level upgrade power cable.
Quality of mains power can have a real impact on the performance of hi-fi & home cinema systems. A quality power supply to your components requires cables designed to be resistant to both external RF interference and generated noise on the mains itself.
Replay equipment is under constant assault by extraneous high energy broad spectrum noise, both airborne and directly induced through the mains supply circuits. Wi-Fi networks, BlueTooth devices, mobile & domestic cordless phones, wallwart power adapters, low voltage light bulbs & dimmer switches - all among the worst noise-generating culprits.
Eos power cables are designed specifically to allow your equipment to perform properly. Built around high purity low resistance OFC (Oxygen Free Copper), with low series resistance, high-efficiency dielectrics and extensive screening, Eos power cables effectively filter out harmful incoming radio frequency and power contamination, dumping these rapidly to earth.
Eos dd utilises high purity, low resistance, oxygen free copper (OFC) conductors, contained in a highly-stabilised PVC dielectric. The dd (dual drain) conductors and the power conductors are enclosed by anti-vibration layers and an innovative hybrid carbon-loaded polymer screen, all then wrapped in a royal blue PVC sleeve.
Atlas Dual-Drain (dd) System
The "dd" configuration is a simplified version of the techniques Atlas developed for their top-of-the-range Mavros and Asimi interconnects. Twin symmetrical drain wires connect the screen to the cable return/plug interface, meaning the cable can be terminated without distorting, twisting or mechanically stressing the screen. The benefits are a consistent low impedance load to the plug, and a total 360° screening against noise and signal loss caused by RFI (Radio Frequency Interference).
Eos DD power cable is available in the following lengths:
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
Eos DD power cable is available with the following termination options at the mains and equipment ends of the cable:
- Mains End
- 13A 3-Pin (UK-style, fitted as standard)
- Schuko 2-Pin (EU-style, available as special order)
- Nema 3-Pin (USA-style, available as special order)
- Equipment End
- C13 10A Connector (Standard "Kettle-type" connector)
- C19 16A Connector (High current, larger format IEC connector)
- C7 ("Figure-8" connector)
- Mains Connector - Precision-machined mains connectors with gold-plated pins for low contact resistance. Available in UK (13A), Schuko (EU) & Nema (USA) versions depending on country of original supply.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- Stabilised PRV Dielectric - High-efficiency stabilised PVC.
- Triple Multi-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen and stabilised PVC outer wrap.
- Construction: Multicore, dual drain
- Material: OFC
- Dielectric: Stabilised PVC
- Screen: Carbon-loaded hybrid screen
- Capacitance: 95.08 Pf/m
- Inductance: 0.43 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0859 Ohm/m
- Outside Diameter: 9.5mm
- Current Capacity: 20A
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Power Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.