Equator 2.0 by Atlas Cables is an upgrade loudspeaker cable offering an essentially neutral performance, with none of the exaggerated treble detail frequently found at this price point.
Well suited as an upgrade for mid-level or older audio systems in need of a little love, Atlas Equator 2.0 uses OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) conductors contained in a high-density PEF dielectric (insulation layer) that is far more efficient than PVC or polyethylene.
The superior dielectric offers both a better measured performance and an audible improvement in dynamics. The core assemblies are contained in a cotton yarn in order to reduce microphony, and the outer sheath is in a pearl white finish.
Atlas Cables proprietary Z-plug is a low mass, self-cleaning, solder free construction speaker plug. These cables are also available terminated with our cold-weld high quality OFC spades.
The Equator range by Atlas Cables also includes a subwoofer interconnect and stereo RCA cables.
Equator 2.0 is available with 4.0mm Z-Plug (BFA) or Spade terminations in the following lengths:
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- 7.00 metres
- 10.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- Z-Plug (BFA) Connectors - Tin cobalt finished metal Z plug. This non-magnetic aluminium alloy Z plug body is a low-mass, self-cleaning, solder-free construction speaker plug. These cables can also be supplied with a spade tag option at one or both ends, please specify when ordering.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric - The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- Multi-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Construction: Multi-Core
- Material: OFC
- Dielectric: PEF
- Screen: None
- Capacitance: 70.51 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.816 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0094 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.73
- Outside Diameter: 8.5mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Speaker Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.