Equator OFC XLR by Atlas Cable is a superior balanced interconnect designed for today’s increasingly electrically noisy home environment.
There is an upsurge in popularity among equipment manufacturers for XLR connectors and balanced configurations. Accordingly Atlas Cables have created the new Equator XLR, based on the multi-award winning Equator RCA interconnect, and offering a superb price/performance ratio.
Balanced OCC core and high-efficiency screening (to protect against noise inducing RFI) combine to offer a very revealing yet neutral sound. High levels of RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) in a poorly shielded cable can result in a bright sound which superficially suggests additional detail.
In fact, a cable with superior screening may sound slightly darker on first hearing, although one quickly realises the detail is all present, just without the artificial leading edge spotlit effect, and quieter backgrounds allow a wider dynamic range to be conveyed by the cable.
Atlas Equator XLR is constructed with four central multi-core conductors of high purity OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) copper encapsulated within a low-loss foamed Polyethylene dielectric, with excellent immunity to interference and noise, making it ideally suited to longer cable runs.
The cable is terminated with low-mass cold-weld (solder-free) XLR plugs, facilitating extremely consistent construction and improved audio performance. The result is a beautifully balanced interconnect which offers a large three dimensional soundstage and fine levels of resolution.
The Atlas Equator range also includes subwoofer, interconnect, streaming and speaker cables.
Equator OFC XLR is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- OCC XLR Connector - Atlas XLR combines a lightweight aluminium alloy body with precision-fit OFC/OCC connectors and solder-free construction.
- OCC Copper - OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric - The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- 4-Core + Screen Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Construction: Co-Ax Double Screened
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: PEF
- Screen: OFC, 85%
- Capacitance: 74.36 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.497 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0776 Ohms/m
- Impedance: 78.25 Ohms @ 1 Mhz
- Outside Diameter: 7.0 mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Stereo XLR
- Interconnect Cables
- XLR Cables
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards