Equator Streaming by Atlas Cables is a digital connection cable designed for high performance streaming audio applications. An excellent CAT6-compliant, high-speed, solid-core cable optimised for consistent digital signal transmission.
While the OSI 7 layer Ethernet protocol specification covers packet switching, error correction, timing and end-to-end transmission, as in any audio cable there are areas where the selected materials, construction techniques, connectors, and termination methods can all audibly impact the signal integrity.
Basic eBay-style stranded, unshielded Ethernet patch cables typically sound grainy and crude in hi-fi applications, with high levels of digital background noise degrading audio quality. Such cables will typically fail ISO/TIA compliance testing standards and offer somewhat unpredictable performance.
Atlas streaming cables benefit from the expertise and experience gained with the continuing development and evolution of our high-speed video and USB audio cables. We utilise high-purity solid-core OFC conductors with very stable dielectric materials with polycarbonate shielded plugs in a precision-calibrated production process which pays particular attention to minimising signal errors. Fewer errors means the correction circuitry in the receiving device has less work to do – a high level of error correction can itself introduce more noise – extracting and processing the data.
The practical, audible result is a cleaner audio signal with a wider dynamic range and less of the glare which typically results from high levels of unwanted noise in the signal data.
Equator Streaming Ethernet audio cable is available as double-ended RJ45 connector in the following lengths:
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- RJ45 Connector - High quality RJ45 using the Atlas-preferred crimped triple-prong method for effective, consistent termination – a meticulously calibrated process which ensures compliance with ISO/TIA certification standards.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- Polyethylene Dielectric - Standard polyethylene, widely used.
- U/UTP Twisted Paid Construction - Solid-core OFC conductor in twisted pair. The configuration minimises noise and interference.
- Construction: U/UTP twisted pair
- Material: Solid-core OFC
- Dielectric: PEF (Data), SR PVC (Power)
- Screen: PEF
- Bandwidth (NOM): 250Mhz
- Outside Diameter: 6.2mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- RJ45 Ethernet
- Ethernet Cables
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards