Developed by Atlas in consultation with a number of leading audio manufacturers, Hyper 3.5 is a sophisticated speaker cable engineered to offer a higher level of transparency than products typically supplied in single-brand hi-fi systems.
All Atlas cables are designed to impose as little of any inherent character as possible, achieved through careful selection of materials and construction methods, but Atlas feel this latest-generation Hyper cable is exceptionally transparent, allowing the equipment characteristics to be conveyed intact.
The cable employs conductors comprising x72 high-purity OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) strands encapsulated within a carefully selected high-efficiency PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric coating. The resultant conductor is embedded within an anti-vibration filler and finished in the Hyper gloss black sleeve.
Standard termination is via Atlas proprietary Z-plug, a low mass, self-cleaning, solder free construction speaker connector. These cables are also available terminated with Atlas cold-weld high quality OFC spade connectors.
This cable can be optionally supplied with the Atlas Transpose Modular Termination System, which allows easy switching between expanding 4.0mm connectors, spade tags and Z-plugs as your requirements change. Please call us to order this option.
Hyper 3.5 is available with 4.0mm Z-Plug (BFA) or OFC Spade terminations in the following lengths:
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- 5.00 metres
- 7.00 metres
- 10.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- Z-Plug (BFA) Connectors - Tin cobalt finished metal Z plug. This non-magnetic aluminium alloy Z plug body is a low-mass, self-cleaning, solder-free construction speaker plug. These cables can also be supplied with a spade tag option at one or both ends, please specify when ordering.
- OFC Copper Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PTFE Dielectric - PTFE (Teflon™) is usually applied at higher temperatures and in combination with OFC conductors. OCC materials don’t like high temperatures (soldering, applying the dielectric etc) so application of a low temperature PTFE (Teflon™) or FEP work best with OCC conductors. This is especially critical at smaller conductor sizes.
- Multi-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Construction: Multi-Core
- Material: OFC
- Dielectric: PTFE (Teflon™)
- Screen: None
- Capacitance: 73.42 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.5178 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0088 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.72
- Outside Diameter: 7.0mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Speaker Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.