Hyper dd XLR by Atlas Cables is a calanced connector with optimum audio performance via trickle-down dd technology.
This latest generation Hyper dd XLR interconnect offers a sophisticated, evenly balanced sound which draws you into the musical performance.
Hyper dd is constructed with four central multi-core conductors of high purity OCC (Ohno Continuous Casting) copper encapsulated within a low-loss foamed Polyethylene dielectric, with excellent immunity to interference and noise, making it ideally suited to longer cable runs The cable is terminated with our low-mass solder-free XLR plugs.
Atlas use cold-weld terminations wherever possible, including the current generation Dark Chrome XLR connectors. By reducing the number of materials and break points in the signal path, the objective is to minimise discontinuity and loss in the signal path, resulting in more consistent construction and improved audio performance.
Atlas XLR plugs are wired as follows by default: Pin 1 = Ground; Pin 2 = Hot, Pin 3 = Cold. If you require a different configuration, please contact us, and please always check your equipment instructions before ordering.
Atlas Dual-Drain (dd) System
Normally screened cables suffer from screen distortion when they are prepared for production. (If you've ever wired a plug or connector which uses a screened cable, you've done this yourself, cutting back and probably twisting the screening braid for termination). This distortion of the screen has a measurable impact, effectively changing the impedance and therefore the performance of the cable.
The "dd" configuration is based on a simplified version of the techniques developed for the Atlas top-of-the-range Mavros and Asimi interconnects. Twin symmetrical drain wires (each attached to 180° segments of the plug) are inserted between a 100% copper/Mylar™ foil and screen.
The unique dd system connects the screen effectively to the cable return/plug interface, meaning the cable can be terminated without distorting, twisting or mechanically stressing the precision-laid screen. The benefits are in maintaining a consistent low impedance load to the plug, and a total 360° screening against noise and signal loss caused by RFI (Radio Frequency Interference).
The Hyper range also includes DIN & XLR termination options, digital interconnects plus single and bi-wire speaker cables.
Hyper dd XLR is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- OFC XLR Connector - Atlas XLR combines a lightweight aluminium alloy body with precision-fit OFC/OCC connectors and solder-free construction.
- OFC Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PEF (Foamed Polyethylene) Dielectric - The foaming process uses a blowing agent, of which there are two types. Atlas use the gas-foamed method which creates a more inert, consistent and higher quality product.
- 4-Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Construction: 4 core plus screen
- Material: OFC
- Dielectric: PEF
- Screen: Braid OFC, 90%
- Capacitance: 63.03 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.3735 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.1612 Ohms/m
- Impedance: 77.05 Ohms/m
- Outside Diameter: 6.0mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.