A key part of the Atlas Cables multi-award winning Mavros family, Mavros AES-EBU is a high-performance 110-Ohm cable using silver-plated copper conductors. Typical usage is in high-end digital balanced systems as employed by DCS, Meridian and many professional recording studios around the world.
Engineered as a cable with extremely precise transmission and termination standards, Mavros AES/EBU incorporates the same microporous PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric insulation as all other interconnects in the Mavros range.
The centre conductor is comprised of a monofilament conductor and 18 strands of super pure copper wire, insulated by a thin layer of microporous PTFE. This new dielectric behaves almost like the theoretically perfect insulator – free air – with minimal effect upon the signal being transmitted.
The co-axial double shielding layers are an aluminium Mylar™ foil, followed by Oxygen Free Copper braiding, after which the whole cable is protected by a PVC jacket damped with cotton yarn.
With a consistent termination impedance, the Mavros AES/EBU interconnect perfectly matches professional and semi-pre digital audio equipment to ensure error-free transmission of high speed digital signals. The result is evident in the timing and dynamic range of musical performances where the temporal smearing of lesser cables is absent.
Mavros AES/EBU XLR is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- OCC XLR Connector - Atlas XLR combines a lightweight aluminium alloy body with precision-fit OFC/OCC connectors and solder-free construction.
- OFC Conductor - OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PTFE Dielectric - Microporous PTFE (Teflon™) is a unique, low density dielectric material, phase stable at room temperature, which offers significant performance improvements over solid PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric designs.
- Symmetrical Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Construction: Symmetrical + Screen (19/0.2)
- Material: Silver Plated OFC
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE (Teflon™)
- Screen: Braid OFC
- Capacitance: 41.27 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.728 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0029 Ohms/m
- Impedance: 115.96 Ohm (300kHz)
- Outside Diameter: 8.0mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.