Mavros Ultra S/PDIF is the finest wide bandwidth S/PDIF cable available from Atlas Cables. This interconnect utilises a silver-plated copper conductor, designed to be technically and sonically superior, without the typical noise-related glare frequently found in inferior cables.
Recommended for use whenever signal integrity is paramount, for example between CD transport, hi-res media player/streamer, and DAC.
Atlas has developed a cable with extremely precise transmission and termination standards, incorporating the same microporous PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric insulation as the other Mavros-named interconnects.
The centre conductor is comprised of a monofilament conductor and 18 strands of super pure copper wire insulated by a thin layer of microporous PTFE. This new dielectric behaves almost like the theoretically perfect insulator (open air) with minimal effect upon the signal being transmitted.
The co-axial double shielding layers are an aluminium Mylar™ foil followed by OFC (Oxygen Free Copper) braiding after which the whole cable is protected by a PVC jacket damped with cotton yarn.
With a termination impedance of almost exactly 75 Ohms at 1 MHz and a low conductor-to-conductor capacitance of around 50 pF per-meter, Mavros Ultra S/PDIF digital interconnect perfectly matches consumer digital audio equipment to ensure error-free transmission of high speed digital signals. The result is evident in the timing and dynamic range of musical performances where the temporal smearing of lesser cables simply disappears.
Mavros Ultra S/PDIF is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
Luxe Finish Options
Atlas Cables offer a range of special Luxe finish options for this top-of-the-line audiophile cable. Four standard leather colours plus optional finishes available in contrasting or self-colour stitching options. Bespoke colour matching options (RAL or Pantone) are also available.
Please contact Audio Sanctuary to discuss your requirements if you would like to pursue the Luxe options.
- Ultra TCA Connector - The Ultra is a wide-band, OCC copper, constant impedance, self-cleaning, solder-free construction RCA plug.
- OFC Conductor - Oxygen Free Copper (OFC) was developed based on research that sound quality was related to the quality of copper and the processing used during cable manufacture.
- PTFE Dielectric - Microporous PTFE (Teflon™) is a unique, low density dielectric material, phase stable at room temperature, which offers significant performance improvements over solid PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric designs.
- Coaxial Construction - Central conductor (signal path) surrounded by dielectric material encased within a circular conducting screen which acts as the signal return path.
- Construction: Coaxial (1/0.7 Monofilament + 18/0.14)
- Material: Silver Plated OFC
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE
- Screen: Braid + Al Mylar™
- Capacitance: 54.35 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.230 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0065 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.81
- Outside Diameter: 8.5mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.