Mavros is an XLR interconnect cable based on the same design objectives and manufacturing techniques developed for the Atlas Asimi range, utilising copper rather than silver conductors. Mavros XLR is a superb interconnect designed to complement the performance of high-end audio systems via maximum signal transfer.
Using the very highest quality ‘6N’ (99.99997% purity) copper manufactured using the Ohno Continuous Cast (OCC) technique. In the manufacture of Mavros, the copper’s conductivity is maximised by ensuring that there is typically one grain in approximately 125 metres of conductor, allowing the signal a continuous unbroken path. In practice, the signal has a faster, cleaner and more direct path to follow.
The cable consists of a pair of conductors, each made up from six bundles of 12 multi-conductor wires, plus a thicker centre wire. This in turn is covered by a continuous copper/Mylar™ electrostatic screen with copper shielding braid, ensuring minimal susceptibility to RF interference and noise.
Theoretically, the best dielectric (insulation layer) is air. Conventional dielectric (insulation) materials impose their own signature distortion and loss on the signal. Atlas uses a microporous PTFE (Teflon™) tape, which is wound around the core conductors, then covered again and stabilised using a protective FPE (Flexible PolyEthylene) dielectric. This process maintains the required conductor geometry, and bestows greater manufacturing consistency.
Atlas use cold-weld terminations wherever possible, including the current generation Dark Chrome XLR connectors. By reducing the number of materials and break points in the signal path, the objective is to minimise discontinuity and loss in the signal path, resulting in more consistent construction and improved audio performance.
Atlas XLR plugs are wired as follows by default: Pin 1 = Ground; Pin 2 = Hot, Pin 3 = Cold. If you require a different configuration, please contact us, and do always check your equipment's instructions before ordering.
Mavros XLR is available in the following lengths:
- 0.50 metres
- 0.75 metres
- 1.00 metres
- 1.50 metres
- 2.00 metres
- 3.00 metres
- Custom lengths available - please call us!
- OCC XLR Connector - Atlas XLR combines a lightweight aluminium alloy body with precision-fit OFC/OCC connectors and solder-free construction.
- OCC Conductor - Ohno Continuous Casting (OCC) process was developed by Professor Ohno, from the Chiba Institute of Technology, to manufacture a very high purity single grain copper or silver. There are only a handful of companies in the world manufacturing via this method.
- PTFE Dielectric - Microporous PTFE (Teflon™) is a unique, low density dielectric material, phase stable at room temperature, which offers significant performance improvements over solid PTFE (Teflon™) dielectric designs.
- Multi-Core & Solid Core Construction - A pair of identically matched conductors (one for signal path, the other acts as the return conductor) enclosed within a non-conducting screen.
- Construction: Multi-core LF/MF, Solid core HF (1.5mm)
- Material: OCC
- Dielectric: Microporous PTFE (Teflon™)
- Screen: Braid SPC + Mylar™, 100%
- Capacitance: 111.14 pF/m
- Inductance: 0.3412 µH/m
- Resistance: 0.0035 Ohms/m
- VOP: 0.77
- Outside Diameter: 10.22mm
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.