ATH-WP900 are portable over-ear headphones by Audio-Technica, featuring beautiful flame maple housings for high-fidelity on-the-go listening and high aesthetics.
Maple is a stiff, dense wood often used to make string instruments such as guitars and violins. Audio-Technica have fused a thin slice of flame-grain maple on top of solid, machined maple to produce housings that ensure clear, natural sound quality.
Since 2015, Audio-Technica has also used specially designed A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connector on all their in-ear headphones and select over-ear headphones with detachable cables, for improved performance and longevity.
The flame maple finish is provided by Japanese guitar manufacturer Fujigen, which brings out the unique grain of each housing for a one-of-a-kind beauty that will deepen with age. The headphones are equipped with exclusive 53 mm drivers with powerful magnetic circuitry, DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating, and top-mounted PCB construction for exceptional full-range audio reproduction.
A specially designed angled baffle improves airflow between the front and rear of the diaphragm for better low-to-midrange audio reproduction, and also optimally positions the ear cups over the ears for improved comfort and sound containment.
Two cables are included: One has a 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo mini-plug for use with smartphones and standard audio devices. The other is equipped with a 4.4 mm (1/6"), 5-pole gold-plated balanced plug for use with high-resolution digital audio players and balanced-compatible headphone amplifiers.
The earpads and headband of ATH-WP900 are made from smooth, synthetic leather for long-lasting comfort. Both earcups swivel flat for easy transport in the included carrying pouch.
With lossless audio file formats, faster internet speeds, and storage space increasingly easy to come by (and in ever-smaller packages), the push is on to create audio equipment capable of capturing and reproducing true Hi-Res Audio, generally considered to be 96 kHz/24-bit or better. The Hi-Res Audio logo certifies that a product meets the Hi-Res Audio standards. Per these standards, headphones must have transducer frequency performance to at least 40 kHz. As a producer of these types of audiophile headphones since 1972, Audio-Technica is well-positioned to provide audio solutions that meet the demands of Hi-Res Audio media formats, allowing for the full reproduction of their extended sonic characteristics.
- Maple housings fuse thin slice of flame-grain maple on top of solid, machined maple for stiff, dense housings that look as good as they sound.
- The flame maple finish (provided by Japanese guitar manufacturer Fujigen) brings out the unique grain of each housing, a beauty that deepens with age.
- Exclusive 53 mm drivers with powerful magnetic circuitry deliver exceptional full-range audio.
- DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating applied to diaphragms to improve high-frequency response.
- Top-mounted PCB construction helps regulate airflow to enable precise diaphragm movement.
- Angled baffle improves airflow between the front and rear of the diaphragm for better low- to mid-range audio reproduction, and helps seal the ear cup.
- Two detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cables with A2DC (Audio Designed Detachable Coaxial) connectors at the headphones: one with a 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo mini-plug, the other with a 4.4 mm (1/6"), 5-pole gold-plated balanced plug.
- Earpads and headband are made from smooth, synthetic leather for long-lasting comfort.
- Swivel-flat design enables headphones to easily be transported in included carrying pouch.
- Japanese craftsmanship: all Audio-Technica wooden headphones are hand-assembled in Tokyo.
- Type: Closed-back dynamic
- Driver Diameter: 53 mm
- Frequency Response: 5 - 50,000 Hz
- Maximum Input Power: 1000 mw
- Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
- Impedance: 38 ohms
- Weight: 243 g (8.6 oz), without cable
- Cables: Detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable (A2DC to 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo mini-plug; detachable 1.2 m (3.9') cable (A2DC to 4.4 mm (1/6"), 5-pole gold-plated balanced plug)
- ATH-WP900 Headphones
- x1 Carrying Pouch
- x2 Detachable Cables
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Foldable Headphones
- HiFi Headphones
- Over Ear Headphones
- UK shipping from: £1.99
- EU shipping from: £4.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards