The DC Block 6 by Audiolab has one single mains input and six IEC outlets to supply clean mains power to your audio system components.
Perfectly sized to match other Audiolab components, and to easily fit into a typical hi-fi shelf/rack system, the DC Block 6 also features a front-panel voltmeter display (which can also be powered off for a more discreet placement).
Mains electricity has a fundamental influence on the audio signal as it passes through a system, from source to amplifiers to speakers. The mains supply in a typical home is subject to interference induced by a range of issues, causing the AC waveform to distort before it reaches each component. This creates noise in the audio signal, which degrades sound quality – a situation that continues to worsen with more and more electrical devices being added to the home mains supply.
One common issue is DC on the mains – a problem that is well known to affect the performance of audio equipment, especially amplifiers. In theory, the mains electricity we obtain from the sockets in our homes should be pure AC, with a perfectly symmetrical sine wave alternating between positive and negative phases.
The AC transformers commonly used in home audio equipment cannot tolerate the presence of significant levels of DC voltage without being compromised. Less than 500 mV of DC – typical in an average household electricity supply – can be sufficient to cause toroidal transformers of the kind often found in amplifiers to become saturated, which adversely affects sonic performance and may cause audible mechanical vibration.
By blocking, or cancelling, DC voltage found within the AC mains supply, the DC Block 6 corrects the DC offset and rebalances the mains sine wave. But tackling DC on the mains is not the only benefit delivered by this dual-action device – it also contains a high-performance audio-class filtering circuit that removes RFI/EMI contaminants from the mains supply. This is effective in reducing both differential-mode noise (exacerbated by cheap switch-mode power supplies used by many home appliances) and common-mode noise (aggravated by airborne interference from phones, Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth).
A specialised six-way power optimisation device of such impressive efficacy, DC Block 6 is available in black or silver. It comes with a full set of power cables – six IEC C14 to C13 cables to connect its outlets to the user’s system components, plus a cable to plug it into the mains.
- Suitable for all audio or AV systems.
- Removes DC from AC mains supply, transformer hum, and RF interference.
- Offers radical improvement in mains quality, transformer and power supply performance, and therefore sound quality.
- Six independent outlets for source components; power amps, preamps, integrated amplifiers, CD players, DACs, etc.
- One single mains input connection.
- Simplified OLED display on voltmeter with display on/off option.
- Description: Mains filter & direct current blocker.
- Design Philosophy / Core Technology: 6 outlet, high frequency filter suppressing noise on the mains power line, Blocks DC on the mains power line, overload protection, digital voltage.
- Audio Power: Each receptacle loading 8A
- Amplifier Compatibility: Max total loading 10A
- Net Weight: 4.6 kg
- Gross Weight: 6.8 kg
- Dimensions W x D x H: 444 x 306.4 x 78.4 mm
- Carton Size W x D x H: 500 x 455 x 140 mm
- Finish: Black / Silver
- Power Requirements (depending on region): 100 - 240 V ~ 50 / 60 Hz
- 1 x DC Block 6 Direct Current Blocker
- 6 x IEC C13 to C14 Cables
- 1 x Power Cord
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £ 1.95
- EU shipping from: £ 5.99
- International shipping from: £ 5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards