DT 880 Edition (32 Ohm version) by Beyerdyamic combines the strengths of open-back mobile and closed-back studio headphones. Models with an impedance of 32 ohms are extremely versatile and are also ideal for use on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets for example.
A classic amongst hi-fi headphones, music lovers delight in DT 880 Edition's natural, vibrant sound as well as its excellent spacious reproduction.
These semi-open headphones attenuate ambient noise, but do not exclude it completely, and thus convey a harmonious sound experience. These headphones have been part of the Beyerdynamic portfolio for twenty years and still enjoy exceptional popularity. All components are available as replacement parts, making the DT 880 Edition a reliable companion for many years to come.
DT 880 Edition sounds very neutral and relaxed. The bass reproduction penetrates very deeply, but is not overstated. This feature is particularly appealing to lovers of jazz and classical music because it gives the headphones a really transparent sound and makes the individual components of the music clearly audible. Thanks to its semi-open design, the DT 880 Edition allows some ambient noise to penetrate and escape, but attenuates it somewhat stronger than in the case of a fully open headphone (such as the DT 990 Edition).
The improved systems of the legendary DT 880 now offer a high quality headphone with excellent analytical properties, especially for classical music.
DT 880 Edition reproduces an amazing sound spectrum, with clean, clear detail from the deepest bass to the highest highs. The highs are crystal-clear without being unpleasant, impressive even at low levels.
Neutral balanced mids are analytical and strong, without being predominant. Bass is voluminous without being too obtrusive. The single-sided cable, the soft ear pads and the padded headband make DT 880 Edition extra-comfortable for extended listening sessions. The DT 880 is still manufactured in Germany, providing an excellent quality.
- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home and to go
- Neutral highs and bass tones and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Semi-open back design
- Rugged headband construction
- Single-sided cable
- Soft headband pad
- Excellent sound location
- Gold-plated 1/8" mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Semi-Open
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 35KHz
- Nominal Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Nominal SPL: 96dB
- Nominal Power: 100mW
- THD: < 0.2%
- Sound Coupling: Circumaural
- Nominal Headband Pressure: approx 2.8 N
- Cable Length: 3m, straight
- Connector: Gold-plated mini stereo jack (3.5mm), plus 1/4" adaptor (6.35mm)
- Transmission Type: Wired
- Weight (Without Cable): 290g
- Jack adaptor 6.35mm 1/4"
- Leather storage bag
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- HiFi Headphones
- Smartphone Headphones
- Over Ear Headphones
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards