DT 990 Edition from Beyerdynamic is an open dynamic headphone of exceptional quality and suitable for all music styles; whether you are into pop, classical or jazz, the DT 990’s will deliver the true sound as it was originally intended to.
DT 990 Edition have been winning the hearts of countless Hi-Fi and music enthusiasts since the 1980s.
An integral part of the Beyerdynamic portfolio for more than twenty years, and still this has not detracted at all from its popularity. Music lovers galore continue to value these stereo headphones as a reliable companion. Boasting vibrant and natural sound, these headphones know how to impress and are also ideally suited for many music styles. Because all components and replacement parts are always available, you are guaranteed a product that is exceptionally durable.
The reduced weight of the diaphragm and moving coil result in a similar pulse characteristic to electrostatic headphones, and in combination with a carefully tailored frequency response, provide a natural and balanced sound.
DT 990 Edition is an open-back design. This means that background noise outside the headphones remains clearly discernible even at higher volumes. This design lends the music a feeling of a wide soundstage, an appreciation of space that gives almost the same sense of enjoyment as listening to music with loudspeakers. The sound is spectacular. Distinctive highs and intense bass combine to produce a perfect richness of sound that delights rock and pop enthusiasts in particular.
Soft ear and headband pads together with a single-sided cable ensure listening comfort during extended periods of use.
- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home and to go
- Distinctive highs, intense bass and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Open design for especially spacious sound, virtually speaker-like
- Open back design
- Strong bass and treble
- Robust spring steel headband
- Single-sided cable
- Soft headband pad
- Gold-plated 1/8" mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) and 1/4" adapter (6.35 mm)
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Open
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 35KHz
- Nominal Impedance: 32 Ohms
- Nominal SPL: 96dB
- Nominal Power: 100mW
- THD: < 0.2%
- Sound Coupling: Circumaural
- Nominal Headband Pressure: approx 2.8 N
- Cable Length: 3m, straight
- Connector: Gold-plated mini stereo jack (3.5mm), plus 1/4" adaptor (6.35mm)
- Transmission Type: Wired
- Weight (Without Cable): 290g
- Jack adaptor 6.35mm 1/4"
- Leather storage bag
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- HiFi Headphones
- Smartphone Headphones
- Over Ear Headphones
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards