Dressed in devilish red, iFi Audio reveals a new top-of-the-range transportable DAC/headphone amp, sporting a powerful engine under the hood. With a sleek new design and fiery red finish, iDSD Diablo sits proudly at the top of the iFi Audio range of portable/transportable DAC/amps. It is built for purists – the true headphone enthusiasts who crave pure, unadulterated sonic performance.
Like a high-performance sports car designed for uncompromising speed, iDSD Diablo sets aside facilities offered by other iFi DAC/headphone amps (such as sonic tailoring options and Bluetooth connectivity) to focus on pure sonic power. iDSD Diablo features ultra-high-quality circuit components and the ability to drive ANY headphones with aplomb. Simply connect your digital source via USB or S/PDIF, plug in your headphones and prepare for a riveting musical ride from this elite-class digital audio engine, expertly tuned to achieve captivating speed, scale and dynamic range.
The iDSD Diablo’s digital stage incorporates a Burr-Brown DAC chip that iFi uses extensively, selected for its natural sounding musicality and True Native architecture. Here, two of these chips are installed in a custom interleaved configuration. This enables four pairs of differential signals (two pairs per channel) which lowers the noise floor, improves channel separation and enhances the DAC’s ability to resolve fine musical detail and micro-dynamics.
Hi-res audio support is state-of-the-art, handling PCM data to 32-bit / 768 kHz, all levels of DSD up to DSD512, plus single-speed and double-speed DXD.
The Burr-Brown DAC chip features four-channel True Native design. PCM and DSD take separate pathways, enabling DSD, as well as PCM, to remain bit-perfect in native form right through to analogue conversion.
MQA (the hi-res streaming codec, as used by the Tidal Masters tier) is also supported through the USB and S/PDIF inputs, with full decoding of MQA files up to 384 kHz thanks to the processing power of the new 16-core XMOS chip.
Able to drive all manner of headphones with ease, the iDSD Diablo delivers up to 5000 mW of prodigious power, propulsive energy and engaging dynamics, coupled with a remarkable ability to resolve fine texture and detail.
With 3 settings, you can adjust power and gain to suit any situation.
- Turbo – ramps up the level of drive for current-hungry headphones.
- Normal – for most over or on ear headphones<./li>
- Eco – dials down the power to suit high-sensitivity in-ear monitors.
- Mobile Reference DAC / Headphone Amp
- Purist sound
- Fully balanced 4.4 mm outputs with 4100 mW
- Devilishly deep bass reproduction, unbelievable resolution
- New PureWave ultra-low THD circuit design (THD 0.002 % Balanced / 0.001 % SE)
- Performance boosting Direct Drive and Headamp Turbo.
- Zero Jitter / Femto clock system, upgraded for lower phase noise/jitter.
- Digital engine upgraded with iFi custom ultra-low noise Op-Amp Ov2028
- Analogue section upgraded with iFi custom ultra-low noise Op-Amp Ov2627
- Ultra-low impedance OS-CON polymer capacitors and Panasonic audio-grade ECPU film capacitors.
- Digital Inputs: USB 3.0 Type-A (USB 2.0 compatible), S-PDIF (3.5 mm coaxial / optical)
- Formats Supported: DSD512/256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD, DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz), Double/Single-Speed DXD, PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1 kHz), MQA Decoder
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz-80 kHz (-3 dB)
- SNR: Balanced -120 dB, SE -114 dB
- Dynamic Range: Balanced -120 dB, SE -114 dB
- THN + N: Balanced 0.002 %, SE 0.001 %
- Fixed Audio Output: Balanced 4.4 mm
- Power Consumption: Turbo / Normal / Eco = 12 W / 5 W / 2 W
- Power: Charging via USB-C (iFi iPower included), BC V 1.2 compliant up to 1900 mA charging current.
- Dimensions: 166 x 72 x 25 mm
- Weight: 330 g
- Warranty: 12 months
- Square to round fibre conversion head
- USB 3.0 cable
- USB-Type A to Type-C cable
- 6.35 mm to 3.5 mm converter
- 5.5 2.1 female to Type-C power cable
- 4.4 mm to Twin XLR cable
- iPower 5 v
- iPower accessories
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- UK shipping from: £1.99
- EU shipping from: £4.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards