The original ZEN CAN all-analogue headphone amplifier had the ability to drive tough headphone loads with a balanced circuit design, vanishingly low levels of distortion and exceptional sonics. Next came the ZEN CAN Signature 6XX, which pushed this design even further with sonic tailoring specific to the ‘MassDrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX headphone’.
Now, iFi Audio have finely tuned a brand new ZEN CAN Signature to work with HiFiMan headphones – presenting the ZEN CAN Signature HFM.
This custom ActivEQ setting is expertly tuned across the entire frequency response curve to bring out the best in these already remarkable headphones. ActivEQ combines active and passive components to create a specific EQ curve to suit a particular pair of headphones. This is performed in the analogue domain without adding any additional noise or distortion.
ZEN CAN Signature HFM features an ActivEQ finely tuned towards HiFiMan planar magnetic headphones, which offer remarkable transparency and present wide-open sound staging. ZEN CAN Signature HFM enhances the texture of the deep bass, and injects more immediacy into the upper mid-range.
Pressing the HFM button calibrates the signal to complement HiFiMan headphones response characteristics right across the frequency range. Excellent results are found with the Sundara, HE-4XX, HE-400S, Edition X, HE-5 headphones to name but a few. This feature can be switched on or off - and without ActivEQ engaged, ZEN CAN Signature HFM’s performance is cleverly balanced to bring out the best in all other headphones and in-ear monitors.
ZEN CAN Signature HFM has four gain settings in six dB steps. This enables the amp to precisely suit the connected headphones. Unity gain (0 dB) is useful to ensure low noise with sensitive in-ear monitors, while the other higher gain settings make the most of tougher headphone loads, delivering excellent dynamic headroom.
ZEN CAN Signature HFM’s circuitry is a balanced, symmetrical dual-mono design – a topology usually reserved for high-end headphone amps – with a number of key elements trickled down from the discrete Class A circuitry developed for iFi’s flagship headphone amplifier, the Pro iCAN.
Also, many key components have been upgraded to enhance performance in line with the improvements made to the ZEN CAN Signature HFM, including the use of Panasonic OS-CON and Elna Silmic II capacitors.
- High-quality analogue headphone amplifier.
- ActiveEQ tailored frequency curve specifically for HiFiMan headphones.
- Perfect for HiFiMan Sundara, HE-4XX, HE-400S, Edition X, HE-5 models, and more.
- Four gain settings for perfect power matching.
- XSpace setting for improved soundstage.
- Balanced symmetrical dual-mono design.
- Balanced 4.4 mm Pentaconn output option.
- Inputs: RCA, 3.5 (SE), 4.4 mm (BAL)
- Headphone Output: 6.35 mm, 4.4 mm
- Gain: 0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB, 18 dB adjust
- THD+N (A-Weighting): 0.0066% (BAL), 0.0058% (SE)
- Output Impedance (HP): BAL <2 Ohms / SE <1 Ohm
- ZOUT: Balanced line out, 200 ohms
- SNR: 122 dB (BAL)
- Dynamic Range: -122 dB (BAL)
- Frequency Response: (-3 dB) 10 Hz – 200 kHz
- Function Button: HFM adaption and/or XSpace Bypass
- IMD: 0.01%
- Maximum output power (16 ohms): 3.0 V / 600 mW (BAL), 4.0 V / 1000 mW (SE)
- Maximum output power (300 ohms): 5.1 V / 756 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 196 mW (SE)
- Maximum output power (600 ohms): 15.2 V / 385 mW (BAL), 7.6 V / 98 mW (SE)
- Maximum power consumption: 13 W / 2.6 A
- Dimensions: 160 (w) x 117 (d) x 35 (h) mm
- Weight: 0.85 kg
- Power Supply
- RAC Interconnect Cable
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards