Get even purer DAC performance with the ZEN DAC Signature V2, by iFi Audio. An upgraded version of their specialist desktop DAC, to bring you more performance than the original.
Just like the original, the sole purpose of ZEN DAC Signature V2 is to feed an external amp, be it a headphone amp, or an amp and speakers. However unlike the original, it now has a 16-core XMOS chip instead of 8. This new and improved digital engine is more powerful than ever. iFi have also upgraded the clock circuitry to enhance the purist, audiophile design even further. Enjoy music without any distortion or colouration.
ZEN DAC Signature V2 incorporates boutique parts and circuitry inspired by the £3,000 iFi Pro range. It sports a fully symmetrical, true differential balanced dual-mono signal stage with direct signal paths to ensure optimal signal purity. The new low jitter crystal clock means >20 dB better noise reduction, remaining quiet whenever it is used. Outstanding components including C0G capacitors from TDK, Panasonic OS-CON and ELNA Slimic II capacitors complete the design.
The digital stage retains its True Native DAC architecture. It delivers Bit-Perfect up to 32-bit/384kHz and native DSD up to DSD256 as well as DXD. Also, the iFi-programmed XMOS chip, which processes data received at the USB input, and jitter-eradicating, audiophile-grade oscillators, contribute to exemplary handling of digital audio signals as they are received, processed and converted to analogue form.
Thanks to the processing power of the new 16 core XMOS chip, the ZEN DAC Signature V2 is now a full MQA decoder.
The ZEN DAC Signature V2 includes MQA technology, which enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording. The LED glows green or blue to indicate that the unit is decoding and playing an MQA stream or file, and denotes provenance to ensure that the sound is identical to that of the source material. It glows blue to indicate it is playing an MQA Studio file, which has either been approved in the studio by the artist/producer or has been verified by the copyright owner.
- Pure DAC-only dedicated performance.
- Upgraded 16-core XMOS Chip.
- Upgraded clock circuitry.
- Fully symmetrical, true differential balanced dual-mono design.
- High-performance components.
- Bit-perfect DSD / DXD
- Pentaconn 4.4 mm balanced output.
- Input: USB 3.0 Type-B Socket (USB 2.0 compatible)
- PCM: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 / 352.8 / 384kHz
- DXD: 2.8 / 3.1 / 5.6 / 6.2 / 11.2 / 12.4MHz DSD 353 / 384KHz
- DAC: Bit-Perfect DSD & DXD DAC by Burr Brown
- Balanced 4.4 mm, 2V-6.2V max. (variable) / 4.2V (fixed)
- UnBAL RCA, 1V-3.3V max. (variable) / 2.1V (fixed)
- Zout: ≥ 200 Ohm / ≥ 100 Ohm
- SNR: 117 dB(A) @ 0 dBFS (BAL/SE)
- DNR: >117 dB(A) @ -60 dBFS (BAL/SE)
- THD+N: <0.0011% @ 0 dBFS (BAL/SE)
- Power Consumption: No Signal 0.5 W, Max Signal 2.5 W
- Dimensions: 158(w) x 117(d) x 35(h) mm
- Weight: 505 g / 1.11 lbs
- Power Supply
- USB Interconnect Cable
- RCA Interconnect Cable
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards