ISOL-8 SubStation HC (High Current) Audiophile Amplifier Mains Conditioner + DC Blocking (2-Way)
ISOL-8 SubStation HC (High Current) Audiophile Amplifier Mains Conditioner + DC Blocking (2-way)
The SubStation LC, HC and Axis build on the substantial achievements of the Substation Vogue and Qube with a new semi modular format and DC blocking as standard. Standing alone or in combination for even greater performance; they form a flexible, effective solution to satisfy the most demanding audiophile.
Each unit provides a different function, so you can upgrade your power supply as your system evolves without costly trade-ins or compromising performance.
They all share the same outstanding UK made build quality with a five year guarantee. PTFE insulated silver plated wiring, premium quality components and connectors are standard. All versions have DC blocking, a custom earth line choke to suppress noise on the safety earth, and surge and spike protection for peace of mind. The substantial all alloy, non magnetic, half width case allows two units to be placed side by side on a standard equipment shelf.
The SubStation LC (Low current) is the foundation of the range, optimising power for your source components. 8 Amps is continuously available across the four outlets. Preceded by a high power DC blocking Axis circuit, each outlet has its own multistage Transmodal filter to suppress cross-contamination between components. The LC is constructed to last a lifetime with carefully auditioned premium components including OFC copper foil inductors. With the SubStation LC at heart of your system it will readily liberate performance lost to compromised mains power. It is our ultimate passive power conditioner for low to medium current loads.
SubStation HC (2-way) [this product]
The SubStation HC (High current) complements the LC, providing 16 Amps continuously across its two outlets for high peak current loads such as amplification. A high capacity DC blocking Axis circuit is complemented by a massively constructed Transmodal filter. Using proprietary custom wound components, kilos of OFC copper foil and premium capacitors to keep series resistance low, the SubStation HC effortlessly tackles the very thorny problem of effectively cleaning a high current power supply without compromising dynamic performance.
The SubStation Axis provides a more economical third option with the considerable benefits of DC blocking, but without multistage filtering. Where the mains waveform is not perfectly symmetrical in energy content a DC component will be present, this partially saturates the power supply’s mains transformer. This can lead to acoustic hum and reduced performance from connected equipment. A high current version of the acclaimed ISOL-8 Axis circuit blocks any DC on the incoming mains. Four outlets supply a continuous current capability of 16A across the unit with a suitable mains connection. The SubStation Axis is eminently suitable for lifting the performance of all high end system components.
For further information download an E-brochure here.
- Number of available outlets: 4 on LC and Axis / 2 on HC
- Type of outlets available: 13A UK, Schuko, 15A US
- Power Input: Neutrik 20A powerCON (cable not supplied)
- Dimensions: W: 232mm H: 135mm D: 420mm (excluding connectors)
- Weight: 4.8 Kg (Axis) 5.8 Kg (LC) 10.9 Kg (HC)
- Construction: Aluminium chassis with Silver finish / Aluminium alloy panels (Black optional)
- Mains Voltage: 230VAC version for 220-240VAC / 117VAC version for 100-127VAC
- Maximum continuous Current:
- LC 8 Amps across any one power outlet
- LC 8 Amps across all outlets
- HC and Axis 16Amps across any one power outlet
- HC and Axis 16Amps across all outlets
- Protection: Rear panel circuit breaker
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.