Linear - the High-End Headphone Amplifier, by Lehmann Audio.
Since 2004, the Linear has made all common headphones shine at their very best. Extremely demanding users all rely on this top model, from the West German Broadcasting Corporation, to the audiophile TACET label, to the headphone experts at Sennheiser and AKG. It is not without reason that the Linear belongs in the audiophile reference class of headphone amplifiers.
A high quality headphone amplifier is very important for listening to music. Dynamic headphones can all be extremely different - to get the same sound pressure level (SPL), the power required with different headphones can vary by up to a factor of about 500, whilst impedances can vary by a factor of more than 20.
The selectable gain (0dB, 10dB, 20dB) of Linear effectively optimises the output level of the zero global feedback Class A output stage. Practically all high-quality dynamic headphones will deliver their best possible performance, no matter if you have an easy-to-drive, low impedance pair of headphones or a pair of 600 Ohm studio cans.
Carefully selected premium components plus a highly sophisticated circuit design guarantee your listening pleasure. Now you can hear that ultra-transparent sound and the explosive dynamics formerly realised only by electrostatic headphones. An over dimensioned power supply with a huge magnetically and statically shielded toroidal transformer is included (internally) allowing an upgrade power cable of your choice to be directly connected to the unit.
For stereo setups with just one source (CD player or turntable with phono stage) the Linear is the simplest, most effective active preamp one can think of. All audio connectors including the two Neutrik phone jacks feature gold-plated contacts. No external Y-adapter required.
The faceplate and the massive milled aluminium knob for the smooth running 27 mm ALPS high grade volume control are available in anodised black or silver. A special order chrome finish is also available - please contact us.
- Discrete Zero Global Feedback output stage with high quiescent current ready to drive most headphones or long cable runs.
- Audiophile voltage amplifier stage.
- Only MKP caps in the signal path for perfect transient response and ambience reproduction.
- Gain jumper selectable 6dB/20dB.
- Hand selected potentiometer with very good channel tracking.
- Double sided audio board.
- External AC power supply.
- Ultra-fast rectifying diodes.
- Low ESR electrolytic caps.
- Low-noise, regulated power supply.
- Gold-plated RCA connectors.
- Original Neutrik headphone jack with gold-plated contacts.
- Faceplate / volume control available in black, silver or special order chrome finish.
- Input Impedance: 47 kΩ
- Maximum Gain: 0 dB / 10 dB / 18 db / 20 dB (Switchable)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz (-0.3 dB) to 35 kHz (-1 dB)
- Signal-to-Noise: >95 dB at 0 dB Gain
- THD: <0.001% at 6 mW (300 Ω)
- Channel Separation: >70 dB / 10 kHz
- Output Power: 400 mW (60 Ω) / 200 mW (300 Ω)
- Output Impedance: Line-Out 60 Ω / Phones-Out 5 Ω
- Power Consumption: 10 W
- Connectors (Audio): Neutrik Phone Jacks (6.35 mm) / 1x Parallel to Line-Out / 1x Line-Out Muting / Gold-Plated Connectors With Teflon Isolation
- Dimensions: 110 x 280 x 50 mm
- Weight: 1500 g
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards