Released September 2020, the HD560S are open-back, over-ear, dynamic transducer high-performance headphones from Sennheiser, designed with audiophile use in mind.
Today, audiophiles monitor their music with measured purpose on a wide range of devices from headphone amplifiers, audio interfaces, computers, and more. HD560S delivers the linear performance required by analytical audio enthusiasts at a breakthrough value, allowing the listener to have an honest look inside their music whether for pleasure or productivity.
Featuring an open-back design that provides natural propagation of sound waves, and E.A.R. (Ergonomic Acoustic Refinement) angled driver alignment to recreate the optimal triangular listening position you would find in hi-fi loudspeaker setups and high-end recording studios. This combination creates a wide, articulate soundstage without the need for room treatment, letting you hear the neutral version of your music unaffected by any artefacts within a confined space.
HD560S transducers are specifically tuned for accuracy, offering dependable A/B comparisons of components, mixes, and media formats. The entire frequency range is honest, complemented by smooth, deep bass extension that reveals what near-field loudspeakers often struggle to reproduce—especially between 20 and 50 Hz.
The 120 ohm transducer is all-new, featuring a specialized polymer blend in its membrane for linear excursion and improved brilliance above 10 Hz. The drive magnet offers highly efficient power while its sophisticated damping system manages ventilation—this combination yields deeper bass while mitigating the distortion that otherwise impacts clarity—a difference only the most discerning listeners can appreciate.
Whether grading a new hi-resolution master or revisiting a vintage audiophile preamp the HD 560S offers a fatigue-free listen that you can depend on.
Although HD560S sound is rooted in the reference-level DNA of the beloved HD660S, its comfort mechanics are based on the chassis of Sennheiser's ultralight HD599. A headphone this neutral deserves a distraction-free fit and a "barely there" feel on the listener’s head.
Even the velour ear pads have been carefully considered to keep all contact points soft to the touch. The open, around-the-ear design offers benefits beyond natural sound—the ventilated cup remains cool without ever needing to touch the wearer’s ears.
- Natural and accurate reference sound.
- All-new transducer with high-strength magnet effortlessly reproduces deep, defined bass and brilliant treble.
- New polymer-blend transducer membrane offers highly-linear excursion for superb control.
- Angled transducers recreate the optimal listening position every time, without the need for acoustic room treatment.
- Open earcups facilitate the natural expansion of sound waves.
- Superb detail retrieval with fast, clear bass response.
- Impedance: 120 Ω
- Frequency Response: 6 Hz to 38 kHz (-10 dB)
- Sound pressure level (SPL): 110 dB (1 kHz / 1 V RMS)
- THD, total harmonic distortion: < 0.05 % (1 kHz / 90 dB SPL)
- Jack Plug: 6.35 mm with 3.5 mm adapter
- Transducer Principle: Dynamic, Open Back
- Weight (w/o cable): 240 g
- Ear Pad Material: Velour
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- HiFi Headphones
- Over Ear Headphones
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards