HD800S by Sennheiser is a development from their reference class HD 800 headphones, delivering sound that is as natural as possible and true in every detail. Improving on a seemingly perfect formula was not a task undertaken lightly, but Sennheiser engineers have succeeded in enhancing still further the sound reproduction of the HD800 to create this, the open-back, circumaural HD 800 S model.
Crafted for perfection, HD800S are precision-built in Germany from only the finest materials and components. The transducer is encased by stainless steel, while the headband and headphone mounting utilises the most advanced materials developed in the aerospace industry for high strength with minimal weight.
Enhanced sound reproduction is achieved through the addition of the innovative absorber technology that was pioneered in the Sennheiser IE800 – a breakthrough that preserved the audibility of very high frequency sounds by eliminating a phenomenon known as the masking effect (where the human ear struggles to hear frequencies of sound when lower frequencies of a higher volume occur at the same time).
By absorbing the energy of the resonance, Sennheiser’s patented absorber technology prevents any unwanted peaks and allows all frequency components – even the finest nuances – in the music material to become audible. This innovation was a key element in making the IE 800 the world’s best sounding in ear headphone, and in the HD800S it helps to bring even greater purity and precision.
Such enhancements build on the formidable achievements of the classic, with the 56 mm sound transducer – the largest ever used in dynamic headphones. The unique ear cup design directs sound waves to the ear at a slight angle to create an impressively natural and spatial listening experience.
The enhanced performance within is revealed by a distinctive new look, with the silver finish of the 2009 classic HD800 making way for high-class matt-black finish for the HD800S.
- Further optimised, reference-class premium wired headphones.
- Open-back, circumaural dynamic stereo headphones.
- Enhanced sound reproduction via absorber technology.
- Natural hearing experience - realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance.
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones, including new innovative dynamic transducer design.
- Uncovered ear cups for enhanced acoustics.
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfibre fabric.
- Metal headband with inner damping element.
- High-class matte black metal parts.
- Premium high-precision headphone connectors.
- Cable with 6.35 mm jack plug.
- Cable with balanced 4.4 mm jack plug.
- 2-year warranty.
- Optional accessory: cable with balanced XLR-4 connector.
- Color: Black
- Wearing Style: Headband
- Impedance: 300 Ω
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz - 51 kHz (-10 dB)
- THD (Total Harmonic Distortion): 0.02 % (1 kHz 1 Vrms)
- Contact Pressure: 3,4 N (± 0,3 N)
- Ear Coupling: Circumaural (Over-Ear)
- Jack Plug: 6.35 mm / 4.4 mm / XLR-4 (optional)
- Cable Length: 3 m
- Transducer Principle: Dynamic Open
- Weight (w/o Cable): 330 g
- Sennheiser HD 800 S Headphones
- Cable with 6.35 mm jack plug
- Cable with balanced 4.4 mm jack plug
- Microfibre cleaning cloth
- USB flash drive
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- HiFi Headphones
- Over Ear Headphones
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards