The SRS-002 by STAX is a battery powered, portable-type in-ear earspeaker system, comprised of the STAX SR-002 Electrostatic Earspeakers (headphones) plus the STAX SRM-002 Driver Unit (headphone amplifier).
If you want the best headphone experience we suggest you visit and demo a STAX system. The electrostatic sound delivers a level of detail which is quite stunning, as is their agility and musicality. STAX systems really do stand out from the crowd and are considered by many to offer the pinnacle of what is possible with a headphone system.
The redesigned ear piece of the SR-002 enables you to enjoy excellent electrostatic sound quality without covering your ears, and is supplied with several ear buds of different sizes, to ensure a good fit for all ears. The SR-002 connects to the newly-designed STAX SRM-002 portable driver unit.
SR-002 features a 15% lighter diaphragm than the S-001/MK2, which results in further resolution, transparency and purer listening pleasure.
The SRM-002 is an exclusive driver unit (amplifier) for driving the SR-002 earspeaker. Features a newly-designed power supply for extended listening on battery without performance loss. Switchable power mode between normal (performance) or ECO (battery saving) allows you to optimise your battery use for different situations.
- Great value entry point to the STAX electrostatic sound.
- Redesigned ear piece.
- Lighter diaphragm.
- Improved sound quality.
- Improved battery life.
- SR-002 Earspeakers
- Type: Push-Pull electrostatic circular sound element, in-ear-canal type enclosure
- Frequency Response: 20-20 kHz (4 dB)
- Capacitance: 44 pF (including cable)
- Sensitivity: 110 dB / 100 V r.m.s. 1 kHz
- Bias Voltage: 550-580 V DC
- Ear Pads: Silicone earbuds (Small, Medium, or Large) Medium included
- Cable: parallel 6-core, 1.5 m full length
- Weight: 0.4 oz without cable / 1 oz with cable
- SRM-002 Driver Unit
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20 kHz
- High Harmonic Distortion: Max 0.1% (1 kHz at 100 V r.m.s. )
- Gain: 54 dB
- Rated Input Level: 100 mV / 50 V Output
- Input Impedance: 10 KΩ
- Max. Output Voltage: 230 V r.m.s. (1 kHz)
- Power Consumption: 0.75 W (alkaline battery) 1.2 W (AC adapter)
- Dimensions: 5.2 (W) x 1.5 (H) x 5.2 (D) in
- Weight: 3.6 oz without battery
- Size: AA battery x2 (Alkaline battery, Rechargable , Magnesium Dry Cell)
- Continuous Operating Time: 5 hrs or more with Alkaline battery on ECO mode, 4 hrs or more with Alkaline battery on normal mode. Operating time may differ depending on volume level and battery type.
- AC adapter: DC 4.5 V / 300 mA, Polarity EIAJ TYPE 2 (optional)
- SR-002 In-Ear Electrostatic Earspeakers
- SRM-002 Electrostatic Driver Unit (exclusive for SR-002 Earspeakers)
- Set of silicone ear buds, three sizes.
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Electrostatic Headphones
- In Ear Headphones
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards