CAT8 Ethernet Digital Network Cable, by Supra Cables.
Supra Cat 8 is once more one step ahead by providing a future proof cable, e.g. 40GBASE-T over one single cable. It is used beneficially in TCP/IP and UDP applications where bit-correct, jitter-free data transmissions is critical, e.g. 4K and 8K video streaming, high quality music streaming (e.g. 32 bits @ < 700 kHz for some downloadable music and in-studio applications), gaming and data centres, and in-building installations such as hotels, conference facilities, among others.
Supra CAT8 is also available factory terminated as patch cables in a number of standard lengths, pre-connected with Supra RJ45 Connectors, a fully shielded connector supporting the astonishing performance of the cable also under tough service conditions and it is possible to connect on-site.
HDBaseT is transmitted over 6A up to 100 m (328 ft) long, with 8P8C modular connectors of the type commonly used for ethernet local area network connections. From Cat 6A to Cat 8 the step is four times the bandwidth. Supra Cat 8 allows for 2,000 MHz(!) an incredible transfer speed providing for quality enhancing massive headroom.
HDBaseT transmits uncompressed ultra-high-definition video (up to 4K), audio, power over HDBaseT (PoHDBaseT - up to 100W), Ethernet, USB, and a series of controls such as RS and IR.
- Performance better than 8.2 according to preliminary specification IEC 61156-10 - Astonishing future proof transfer speeds.
- Excellent NEXT (= crosstalk), very low dampening and mutual lead pair interference - Bit correct transfers.
- Low dampening - Long cable lengths without signal degradation or voltage drops for PoE.
- Excellent shielding, both pair and total - Almost completely interference immune with very low pick-up.
- Low jitter, perfect timing - Very low bit stream timing errors gives low needs for error corrections, thus high transfer speeds.
- Bandwidth at 2,000 MHz
- Flame retardant, halogen-free - Allowed in public spaces and buildings.
- Made in Sweden.
- Standard: Cat 8 Shielded Ethernet Cable
- Connectors: None. Supplied unterminated.
- Signal Direction: Bi-directional
- Application Examples: Ethernet 40GBASE-T
- Cable Design: 4 pair, Cat 8 S/STP PIMF
- Lead Area: 0.23 / 26 mm2 / AWG
- Number Of Strands: 7
- Lead Material: Bright drawn oxygen-free 5N copper
- Insulation: Air-injected, low capacitance PE
- Inner Shield: Aluminium foil
- Outer Shield: Tin plated, oxygen-free 5N copper braid
- Jacket: PE (FRHF)
- Outer Diameter: 6 mm
- Weight: 45 g/m
- Flame Retardancy: Yes
- Resistance: 145 Ohm / km
- Capacitance: 43 pF / m
- Bandwidth: 2,000 MHz
- Skew @ 100 MHz: 5 / 100 ns / m
- Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Velocity Factor: 0.8 x C (speed of light)
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Ethernet Cables
- Interconnect Cables
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards