HA 200 is the first model of headphone amplifier from T+A, and it benefits from their extensive expertise and several decades of experience in the development and manufacture of premium audiophile-quality amplifiers and transducers.
T+A have not been content simply to adopt existing technologies, preferring instead to develop and optimise them for the particular requirements of headphones. The result is a device the like of which has never before existed, but it is far more than that: it sets completely new standards in respect of sound quality, performance, connection facilities and appearance, encompassing the combined requirements of professional users active in studio technology and those of audiophile music lovers, who wish to run multiple headphones from a single device.
An optional HDMI module is available. BluRay players and other devices with an HDMI output can be connected to the inputs IN 1 and IN 2; TV sets to the OUT (ARC) socket. Only stereo signals are processed.
The analogue section of the HA 200 is based on the unique T+A HV technology. Its high-performance output stages operate in Class-A mode with a high idle current, and are effortlessly capable of driving even the most difficult of headphones. The impedance of the three headphone outputs can even be matched to the headphones in use and the individual sound ideas. A crossfeed function for creating a sound stage image positioned in front of the head is available on request. The high-quality mains sections – one digital, one analogue with two separate toroidal transformers - provide very generous reserves of power.
The digital section is fitted with the proprietary T+A True 1-Bit digital / analogue converter, which provides an incredible DSD 1024 for Bitstream, and the T+A quadruple converter with 32 Bit / 768 kHz for PCM. Like all current T+A DACs the new HA 200 also features a sophisticated and completely separate decoder architecture for DSD and PCM, ensuring that all digital formats are decoded to the finest standards.
The design and materials of the case harmonise perfectly with the unique electronics. The HA 200 is significantly larger and heavier than other headphone amplifiers, but this is not surprising given the more than 2300 components and the sophisticated HV technology. All the case components are produced from non-magnetic aluminium, and the front panel is machined from solid plate material – just like the HV series. Accurate QPPM metering instruments and a large screen supply important system information, and provide an accurate indication of operating conditions.
The FM8 IR remote control controls all functions of the HA 200.
T+A have designed the HA 200 in every respect with no hint of compromise and without regard to cost, for we had only one goal in mind: musical reproduction to the very highest standard of perfection.
- Frequency Response: +0 / −3dB, D0, 1Hz – 200kHz
- Signal / Noise Ratio: 110 / 114dB
- THD / Intermodulation: < 0.001% / < 0.001%
- Channel Separation: > 108dB
- Class A Separation: up to 700mA
- Volume Control: Relay controlled in 1dB steps, -90dB to 0dB
- Loudness: Switchable, adjustable on the speaker efficiency
- Sound Control: Switchable, channel separated, Bass & Treble -6dB to +8dB
- Headphone Outputs: 6.3mm plug, 4.4mm Pentaconn, 4-pin XLR
- Impedances: 8, 12, 18, 25, 40, 80 Ohms
Digital-To-Analogue Converter Specifications
- PCM: Double-Differential-Quadruple-Converter with four 32-Bit Sigma-Delta D/A converter per channel, 705,6 / 768 kSps conversion rate
- DSD: T+A-True-1Bit DSD D/A converter, up to DSD 1024 (49,2 MHz), native bitstream
- Upsampling: T+A signal-processor – synchronous upsampling with four selectable oversampling algorithms. FIR short, FIR long, Bezier/IIR, Bezier, NOS (non-oversampling)
- Analogue Filter: Phase-linear Bessel filter 3rd order, switchable with 60 or 120 kHz cut of frequency
- Analogue: High level (RCA) / balanced (XLR): 250 mVeff – 4,5 Veff / 10 kOhms | 500 mVeff – 9 Veff / 20 kOhms
- Channel Separation: 110 dB
- Digital: 1 x AES-EBU 32 – 192 kHz / 16-24 Bit. S/P-DIF: 2 x Standard Coax, 2 x optical TOS-Link 32 – 192 kHz / 16-24 Bit. 1 x BNC 32 – 192 kHz / 16-24 Bit. 2 x USB DAC: Device-Mode up to 768 kSps (PCM) and DSD1024*, supports asynchronous data transfer. (*DSD 512 and DSD 1024 with Windows PC and appropriate driver installed only.) 2 x HDMI IN, 1 x HDMI OUT with ARC (as an option)
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- UK shipping from: £1.99
- EU shipping from: £4.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards