“Like a flower is borne by its stem, musical beauty can only be conveyed by using the very best of cable technology”.
The ORCHID is our first audio interconnect cable to employ our newly developed “Tunnel Technology”: a clever combination of physical concepts which oppose the signal level and frequency dependent behaviour of electrical signal transfer in cables.
Our Tunnel Technology’s underlying philosophy is that the longer the distance of - and the better - the path is along which the signal carrying electrons and their related electromagnetic waves can flow unimpededly in an audio cable, the less disturbances the signal and sound will undergo.
As the result of its applied Tunnel Technology, its high quality materials and its meticulous manufacture, The ORCHID provides an exceptional dynamic range and frequency response. The ORCHID furthermore is characterised by its impeccable preservation of resolution, ambience and definition, its unbelievable reproduction of space and distance as well as its extremely natural, open and nonfatiguing sound. An excellent choice for the demanding audiophile!
The anatomy of a flower:
The ORCHID is a slim but very robust, 2.9 mm diameter, three conductor (balanced) interconnect equipped with a solid core centre conductor designed for maximum sonic performance. (The cable’s construction ensures that the core is virtually unbreakable).
In The ORCHID only the highest quality materials are used:
* The purest and most carefully processed dense Silver coated Matched Crystal Oxygen Free Copper conductors.
* Lossless and extremely stable insulation materials.
* A rugged HULLIFLEX ® 5 jacket.
The cable’s so-called triaxial construction embraces a dense braided 80 strand shield, a similar underlying 48 strand second shield/signal conductor and a solid signal core. The internal insulators furthermore are Linear Structured Carbon ® treated. This has several advantages:
- An improved shielding factor against high frequency interference.
- Microscale bridging of conductor surface imperfections.
- Extra anti-corrosive protection of the conductors.
- Avoids cable microphony.
Next to its application as a balanced or unbalanced audio interconnect, the slim 2.9 mm diameter ORCHID is excellently suitable for high quality equipment internal wiring (e.g. mixing consoles and other audio equipment) and as a microphone cable.
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Interconnect Cables
- XLR Cables
- UK from: £1.50
- EU shipping from: £2.95
- International from: £3.95
- View shipping rates for your country here
- All major credit/debit cards (Visa, Mastercard)
- Fast and insured shipping
- 14 days money back guarantee
- VAT Free Purchases for non EU residents
- London Showroom - Largest selection of headphones, earphones and portable players in the UK.