The Phono-1 MK2 MM/MC Phono Preamplifier by Vertere Acoustics gets the best from any high-quality record player. With maximum dynamic range and supreme detail resolution. With more than 10 gain settings 15 resistance settings and 9 capacitance settings, Phono-1 MK2 leaves nothing to chance. It makes the perfect match for almost any Moving Coil (MC) or Moving Magnet (MM) cartridge.
Separate high-quality gold plated PCBs for both the main phono circuit and the mains power transformer ensure that any unwanted interference is kept well away from the audio signal. These PCBs, combined with the use of high-quality components and special solder, guarantee consistent optimum performance for the long term.
The Vertere Phono 1 MK2 utilises stainless steel shields to further enhance isolation of the RIAA and preamplifier circuits. All power supply components and circuits are outside of the main cover shield and away from any signal path.
Phono-1 MK2 also has two switch banks, now easily accessible from the underside of the unit. These allow 15 resistance and 9 capacitance settings for left and right channels.
Perfect load matching is crucial to maximising performance for both MM and MC cartridges, and in this respect Phono-1 MK2 leaves nothing to chance. Another switch bank, also easily accessible from the underside of the unit, offers no less than 10 gain settings to provide the best level matching, within the gain range provided. This ensures minimal level change between different sources used in the system.
A 3-way switch provided at the back of Phono-1 gives the options of Hard Ground, Ground Lift or Soft Ground connection of the preamplifier and the chassis, to minimise any hum that may be introduced between the PHONO-1 and the main amplifier.
Phono-1 is available in a range of high-end finishes, including a new DG-1 design featuring a front panel to match the new Vertere record player (pictured). Finishes also available: Silver aluminium, Signature Vertere Orange and Semi-matt Black.
- Realise the potential of any high-quality record player.
- Superb dynamics and detail with extremely accurate RIAA EQ.
- Perfect level and load matching for Moving Coil and Moving Magnet cartridges.
- Brings continuous enjoyment when playing records, without exception.
- Type: MC/MM Preamplifier, Main Phono Circuit on Separate Gold Plated PCB
- Power Supply: Linear, Int. Switchable, Transformer on Separate Gold Plated PCB
- Gain Settings: 40.2 dB to 62.8 dB, in 12 steps. High Gain version adds 6.4 dB to all settings
- Input Impedance Settings Resistance: 47K for MM, 78R to 47K for MC, in 14 steps
- Capacitance: 100 pF & 470 pF for MM, 100 pF to 1.02 uF for MC, in 9 steps
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, +/- 0.2 dB
- Noise: < -78dB – AWD
- THD-N: 0.03%
- Front Panel Finish Options: DG-1 Black, Vertere Orange, Silver, Black
- Dimensions: 210 x 235 x 55 mm, W x D x H (Incl. Switches & Feet)
- Weight: 2.00 Kg
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards