SEM4 Dual-DAC Asahi Kasei Module for Astell&Kern A&futura SE180 Digital Audio Player.
The A&futura SE180 digital audio player allows music fans to customise their sound with different audio-flavoured DAC modules to find the hi-fi-grade sonics that suit.
Following the previous SEM2 and SEM3, the new SEM4 module was born from the key concept of "Shape Your Sound,". SEM4 is equipped with the AK4493SEQ dual DAC, the latest DAC from Asahi Kasei, which minimizes loss and noise interference from the original sound while offering 14 hours of playback performance — the longest among all released SEM modules to date.
SEM4 supports up to 32-bit/768kHz, Native DSD and you will be able to enjoy even more vidid, original sound with the introduction of digital audio remaster (DAR) technology.
The AK4493SEQ DAC is a premium DAC that utilizes AKM's VELVET SOUND technology to play natural sounds with even lower noise and distortion, offering the best low distortion traits and a wide dynamic range. With technology such as the advanced switch and capacitor that is created to achieve low-power consumption, it provides amazing play performance and low noise for 14 hours of playback, the longest among SE180 modules.
SEM4 also features digital audio remaster (DAR) technology — the first time the technology has been applied in an Astell&Kern product. DAR technology is developed to upsample the sample rate of the sound source being played to go beyond the limits of the source format.
The high sample rate allows more refined play and offers delicate and analog-like original sound, helping you to enjoy the richness of the original sound, subtle differences in the nuance of the music and rich sounds at a higher level.
NB: The DAR function can be turned on and off and you may select it to suit the source sound and your own preferences. Max PCM rate 384kHz/DSD256 conversion play is supported, and the files will be converted to, and played in, the sample rates that fit the source sound.
- Dual-DAC module compatible with the A&Futura SE180 player only.
- Features an AK4493SEQ Dual-DAC by Asahi Kasei.
- Support for high-resolution audio playback up to native DSD and 32bit/768kHz.
- Next-generation AMP Technology.
- Teraton Alpha Technology.
- Digital Audio Remaster Technology (DAR)
- Robust aluminium, stainless steel and polycarbonate housing.
- Model: SEM4 DAC module
- Body Colour: Moon Silver
- Body Material: Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Polycarbonate
- Sample Rates: PCM 8 kHz - 768 kHz (8/16/24/32bits per Sample) / DSD Native DSD64 (1 bit 2.8 MHz), Stereo / DSD128 (1 bit 5.6 MHz), Stereo / DSD256 (1 bit 11.2 MHz), Stereo / DSD512 (1 bit 22.4 MHz), Stereo
- Outputs: Unbalanced Out (3.5 mm), Balanced Out (2.5 mm, only 4-pole supported / 4.4 mm, only 5-pole supported)
- Output Levels: Normal Gain Unbalanced 2 Vrms / Balanced 4 Vrms / High Gain Unbalanced 3 Vrms / Balanced 6 Vrms (Condition No Load)
- DAC: AKM AK4493SEQ x2 (Dual DAC)
- Decoding: Support up to 32 bit / 768 kHz Bit-to-Bit playback
- Dimensions: 77 x 76 x 19.9 mm W x H x D
- Weight: 90 g
- 1x SEM4 AK4493SEQ Dual-DAC Module
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards